1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your “weakness” When It Comes To “food”?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Dec 18, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My favorite fried food is sago vada!:)

Thyagarajan and hridhaya like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Coffee wins big time in this thread!:)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

deleted.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  4. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

Aww.. I need this now !!

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Haldiram mixture varieties smeared with excess of turmeric thus diminishing the taste . Adayar Anand Bhavan makes seven or more variations with no lemon flavour .

Another incident comes to mind. I casually suggested to grand daughter of my neighbour never to take mixture from the pack and straight put into mouth without her eyes inspecting it. Few days later, She was with her parents returning home from a movie and came running to me and thanked for the suggestion. She did find a stapler pin in an unbranded packet of mixture bought in the theatre lounge shop.

Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Tempting and mouth-watering thread Anika! When I was growing up I didn`t drink coffee or tea.
    But in US , for a decade I wake up every morning with the temptation of drinking the tea.
    Earlier days I had prepared tea with added cardomom only. Now my special tea is taking a new incarnation with ginger, cardomom and honey(thanks to the digestive problem). I forgot to mention, I add some flakes of saffron too. You may think is it payasam, almost! Saffron will improve the eyesight.Anyway I love my tea!
    Nice to know our ILs favorite foodies!

7. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

A very nice thread. I was smiling as I read each reply. I am also amazed at the similarity of our likes when it comes to food.
    For me, it is my aromatic rejuvenating out-of-world filter coffee along with rusk that I have each morning. In fact I wake up to this. It makes me so happy and all set for the day.

When it comes to fried food, my all time favorite is methu vadai. Nothing can beat the super crispy outside and super soft inside of methu vadai. I make pretty good ones. I also love to buy from outside in India. In USA, at least where I live, it is so pathetic. So I mostly make at home.
    My comfort food is sambar. Sambar rice with any poriyal will make my day. I love saravana bavan mini idly floating in sambar with a plate of methu vadai. I finish that with their trademark filter coffee.

Thyagarajan, hridhaya and anika987 like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

upload_2020-12-19_15-33-7.jpeg
    chai here !:)

I like tea too as it is light and refreshing..now need to make myself a cup too!

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

A5C09749-C163-48D0-AD2B-C472814FFF6E.jpeg

I love SB idlis too!

I remember..I was in my 6th grade and saravana bhavan was new in town.I went to the restaurant and this menu item Caught my eye.I ordered it without any expectations..

When I saw it on the table..Firstly the aroma was amazing..second I was thrilled to see ghee floating on top of the Sambhar..

Scooped it and took a bite!

I died and went to heaven!That’s all I can say!

I got another plate and every week used to torture my parents to take me to SB!:)

So proud to be one of the very first customers of SB..the Sambhar was fresh and very light too..

But now..the taste has honestly deteriorated but still one of my favorite foods.

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also..many here like filter coffee!

Filter coffee is filter coffee!

Besh besh! Romba nanna eruku!:)
    (Super super! Very tasty)