1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How To Cope Up With Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by shravs3, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

I see that many had suggested anxiety counselling, or behavioral therapy. Such things are now available online, because everybody is shut-in and avoiding as much interaction with others as they can avoid. Recently I submitted to an hour of grief counselling, and I found the cultural difference a barrier to communication. East cannot meet the west. However, there are online services offered from India. Psychologists, and family therapy counsellors in Bangalore and Hyderabad are supposed to offer them. I haven't any direct experience, but I guess if some Radiologist there can look at an American catscan, or MRI and make a diagnosis, they can easily offer counselling.

Hosanna, shravs3 and Rihana like this.
  2. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

Two other suggestions :

CBD : CBD oil is known to reduce anxiety. CBD will not get you high as there is no THC. Depending on where you live, you can either purchase it online or get a script from a doctor. I believe self-titrating is how most people start. Try with a few drops under your tongue and see how you go. Some people go with the powdered form and sprinkle it on cucumbers/salad or food - it has no taste, I am told.

Diet : Diet is given very low importance for most matters. Indian diet, how much ever tasteful it might be, is loaded with carbs and is not helpful towards good health in the long run, for a lot of people. Even today you will find dietitians recommending healthy sounding food to diabetics without even realising how bad carbs can be for some people. Try and get on a low carb diet - it clears mental fog for sure. Do you fast? If not, depending on your condition give it a go? Also I suggest you try Intermittent fasting if you dont fast at all. "When one is hungry, nothing else can trouble that person - Benadryl"

shravs3 and hridhaya like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Please stop advising use of CBD oil without doctor's suggestion. CBD oil isn't normal oil and is found in hemp and marijuana.

4. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

What do you mean by "normal" oil? Most natural remedies (in terms of medicines) are obtained either from plants or animals. CBD is derived from marijuana. Are you perhaps confused about the difference between CBD and THC? CBD is the one calms you down, THC is what you gives you the high/kick. May be Google a bit about how helpful CBD oil is for anxiety, or even what it is.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

May be marijuana is a normal plant for you but not for me. Taking Cbd oil doesn't come under natural/home remedy that's why I said don't give that advice. I checked usage of CBD oil, its side effects, and there is no good scientific evidence to support usage of Cbd oil. Medication is the last option to deal with anxiety.

6. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

I think you are getting a fair bit confused with what you are reading. where do I say Marijuana is a "normal plant". It is a divine offering in many places! "Normal" plant (whatever that means!). CBD does not equal marijuana !! If google couldn't show that to you, I dont think anyone can. Second, I never advised the OP to use it. I am not qualified to advise. It was a suggestion, like the plenty of others she's got. Mistt, lets keep the replies pointed towards OP's original question.

7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes I have heard many things about it. I have seen people using it for stress but haven’t tried it personally.

And yes regarding diet I have been on keto/low carb on and off for several months and as a vegetarian it’s difficult to continue for long. It has benefits but I have noticed insomnia due to low carb. Each diet has its own problems.

8. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Become a relaxation expert. We all think we know how to relax. Get enough sleep, nourishment, and exercise. Connect with others. Spend time with friends or family. Connect with nature. Pay attention to the good things.