1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter Doesnt Run At 25 Months!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Archanaanchan, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies ,

I have a 25 minths old DD who is quite active and acheived all her milestones on time. Her birth weight was 3.4kg and at present she is 9.97kg. She is playful and loves to learn new things. She learnt talking pretty much faster. There is one thing thats been bothering offlate . She isn running yet. When we observed recently she is crossing or puting her left leg outward. She tries to run but unable to. We did not see a ped for this so far. Anyone else have had this issues or knows what this could this be due to?TIA

2. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

I think you should immediately consult a Ped rather than wait

Archanaanchan likes this.
  3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

hi @Archanaanchan

my daughter is going to be 29 months shortly .
    with her i faced this issue . she started walking and running pretty late according to me.
    she was born at 36 weeks at 7lbs and now she is 23lbs.
    milestone wise also she seemed late . ('seemed' because people around thought so but not the doctor)
    when she would not crawl or even try to do so by 6 months our day care teacher suggested that we go for early intervention for her.
    i started it when she was around 7 -7.5 months for crawling , walking , running , climbing steps , asking / communicating etc .... and stopped it only recently 3 months back. the therapist recommended that we go for developmental pead / pead neurologist / pead gastroenterologist / pead orthopedic .
    i went to all of them .
    ortho pead found that she has a flat feet . which sometimes would make it tough for her to walk fast / run... her left leg would bend to one side while walking ...what seemed to me as running was uncontrolled fast walking by her . he also asked that we use ankle length shoes with firm support around the ankles...that kind of helped . she started walking by 14 months and running this mid-year .
    my daughter is a very bad eater ...until very recently she would not eat anything apart from fix 2-3 items which caused constant constipation and less bone strength and also borderline anemia ..these things contributed a little as well in terms of strength for running , climbing stairs etc according to her gastroenterologist ...
    what i saw in my daughter was that she would ultimately do everything but only at her own pace which was usually way behind other kids of same age around ...that bothered me as well earlier ..for ex. all the other kids around are already pedalling their trikes themselves but mine refuses to even put her feet on the peddle even though we are only pushing ...but its fine they will do things eventually when they feel ready ...if your regular pead tells you that its fine you can wait for some more time , you should pressurize them to give you referrals in any case . my daughter's therapist used to tell me always that you dont have to listen to the pead for everything (they normally seem to wait longer for everything)...you should advocate for your child if you think she / he needs help. and anyways these appointments have long waiting ....so its better to get one early ... all the best

Archanaanchan and Rihana like this.
  4. Archanaanchan

Yes.. we are taking help here.

5. Archanaanchan

Thanks a ton for this detailed post. I could extract a lot of info here. I recently read about flat foot and toe outwarding. N i suppose thats the problem all about. Also seems like her tummy pops out a bit more than usual and thats why she is also uncomfortable. I am also thinking if the strength in legs. My curiosity gets me into a lot of conclusions and i would want to draw a line n listen to something comjng from an expert . So we are trying to book an appintment with an expert kinesiologist who can guide a d help us better. I dont have much trust on my ped. I dont think he will even be able to route us to a better place. We will see what best we can make of this situation and help.her get in form soon. Thanks for the eloborate reply . It did benefit me .