1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Are Men Such Toddlers?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Yes. There is a subtle difference between genetic makeup vs genetic defect. What you have discussed above is nature vs nurture. I am a believer that a nature of a person can be changed through nurture but requires intense effort. Once nature is understood, the level of nurturing has to be intensified accordingly.

Viswa

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi ye all:hello:....is there a 'dodger' apart from 'a farmer' and 'a hunter' and a........ ;);)!!!

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Men derive self-confidence from the work they do more than their personality. The secret behind it may be they can't compete on personality with women. Perhaps, some men fail to recognize that life is made of 80% of work that they don't like and 20% of work they like. When they only focus on 20% of the work they like, they enter into Tamo Guna hurting themselves and their family perhaps. In my view, they are mostly Rajasic with a lot of passion but only for work that would add to their self-confidence. Other times, those few may be called dodger or .........:BangHead:

Rihana and kaluputti like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not related to the thread's topic, but this whole family going shopping is something I don't understand. Seen it in quite a few of our friends. Grocery, Costco, furniture, garden, new car, home repairs, or any shopping, the entire family goes, even when the kids are like under 6-7 years old. Didn't get why put all through the torture. Kids start to whine after a while, and one has to constantly keep an eye on them. We rarely took our kids when shopping unless it was for something they would use.

Choices C and D did not get printed. : )

5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

i will agree on this. this weekend i asked my spouse to help up my son and ask him to avoid watching tv. also asking help to cut vegetables. i wanted to sleep for sometime. he was ok on that. my son was too stubborn on not letting go of his ipad and watching some cartoon. finally after asking around 10 mins calmly , he became really pissed off and scolding him to the point of kid crying . i had to come and ask him to leave and not worry about kids.

also i noticed even if yell at my kids, they do not cry or go extreme.

i do not have a clear say , but there is some some subconscious effect where a female sound is not considered threating.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I screen shot this from Twitter for this thread. Putting it out here :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    C73FB571-2B8F-4CFD-88F9-4602DD3B71B3.jpeg

7. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Because ....they expected this....! image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Laks09 likes this.