1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most uncomfortable clothing you have ever worn ??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Biks, Shorts, NO NO for me (these days)!

Not a figure-huggable built here but not bad as figure-admissible, still a BIG NO ..
    I've no patience or precision to shave my legs to parade in a pool.

I'm frightened of those pesky goggled kids in pool scrutinizing - "Mommy this lady has a hair follicle jutting from her left leg. Is that vellus or androgenic?" (tittering)

Disenchanted with all those youngster days of shimmering tawny legs, these days nothing like sweatshirt and pyjamas to run in the woods and roomy when you tuck in extra, just an small tub of parfait at the end of the meal.

Uncomfortable, hmm, let me think.

Any time I visit India (again these days), I carry an attache case for cabin and nothing else because of installation of alibaba wardrobe at my Mom's and my place (no one knows what's in there till...)

The rummage ensues on every visit , "Mom, where is the dupatta on this Salwar, I think this one is missing drawstring, Mom I can't find any proper matching pair, what is this dress, when did I buy"

My mom "The dupatta must be at your place, this dress ..hmm..the matching salwar of this is in the laundry basket you left last time at your place. What is this , top or a surplice of a pope, why do you wear such horrendous clothes".

Finally we mix-and-match an unironed kurti that slightly contrasts with capri from 5 years back with a scarf that no one recollects to whom it belongs and how it landed at our place and I step out.

So the outpour of compliments from my friends is no longer, 'you look good', 'you look nice' but "Relief! You are not embarrassing to walk by today in your usual funny swatchy attire, by the way ran out of steam did not even iron your kurti" (againt me nudging to movie ahead in the popcorn queue in theatre)"

I think now I'll feel very uncomfortable if I were to step out in a starchy suit with matching pearls & pendants. (chanting - grace , graceful, left leg, right leg elegant gait, slightly swinging those hips)

shreepriya, jaykay, sangiak and 2 others like this.
  2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I remember this very embarassing moment some 10 years ago. I was participating in Germany in a business meeting. I had bought this nice yellow dress with a small jacket. The dress was quite short, about knee length but I thought it is fine even is germans are quite conservative. To finish up my outfit I had bought this stay up stockings that looked very nice. The stay ups have a kind of glue lining at the top that keep the stocking in place.

We had a good meeting and then we went for lunch. The lunch was at the customers employee canteen, a huge hall where you take your tray and load it up with german delicacies. We were a group of 10-15 people and we had to stand and wait at the cashier so our host could pay and show to which table we should go. It was quite warm in the restaurant and suddenly I realized that one of my stockings is sliding down. I could not do anything as I had this big, heavy tray in may hand and needed to wait to get directions from the host to which area/table we are going.

Tried to squeeze my legs together but it did not help. Slowly and steadily my stocking came down. There was this lace thing at the upper border so it was very visible when the stocking kept creeping down. I tried to look cool, was so releived when we got our table and I could escape to the washroom. Never used stay ups after that :oops:

1 person likes this.
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Would lederhosen on those stockings been too over the top?

1 person likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

ooo..narrow escape!

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday was interesting for me. I had gone to a wedding reception. All the ladies, my age were in backless blouse while i was in a traditional blouse. I felt out of place. After exchanging hi/hello, i stayed with my DH through out the evening and listening to men talks about what apple, google, facebook etc should be doing and what mistakes they are making. Was wondering, they should channel this free advice to the right ears so that stock price can rocket:rotfl

6. mitali123

mitali123 Bronze IL'ite

I had the same issue with hot pants ... was on a family trip with my husband and son after his 10th boards to south east Asia Singapore, Malaysia, Bali and Thailand etc. a typical saree wearer. We had gone to Pattaya and I had my capris and loose floral cotton top on since it was a beach area. There were multiple street side clothing shops and I bought and wore a white short crop top and a denim hot pants. Turned out it was way too short for me and especially with the family it was very inappropriate. The only respite was that both were aware we were at the beach and so they let it go. I was mostly worried how my 16 year old son would have taken it but that day eventually passed. That was the first time I had tried anything that was so skimpy... but that was an uncomfortable start to a journey... now I m quite comfortable in skimpy and revealing attires including sarees n blouses and have even tried wearing bellybutton rings and waist chains appropriately with certain outfits...

anika987 likes this.
  7. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Tight ,body hugging outfits makes me uncomfortable...I like any clothes which helps my body to breathe...

anika987 likes this.