1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Evil Is There To Stay.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Nov 29, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Evil is there to Stay.

THE CYCLE OF BIRTH AND REBIRTH

(Gita Chapter 4.5 )

Sri Bhagavaan Uvaacha:

Bahooni me vyateetaani janmaani tava chaarjuna;

Taanyaham veda sarvaani na twam vettha parantapa.

The Blessed Lord said:

(Many births of Mine have passed, as well as of thine, O Arjuna! I know them all but thou knowest not, O Parantapa!)

In another chapter it is said the Karma decides where and in which form the rebirth will take place. Good Karma in good family, bad Karma in bad family till one achieves perfection and merges with the supreme and freed from the cycle of birth and rebirth.

No one remembers anything of his or her past birth. Someone would argue if a person is not aware of his past bad deeds, how can he make amends in present life? Looks, it is a valid question. The accused has a right to know what his faults were.

Why he has been punished?

Evil is the corruption of good. That means evil exists only because there is good. Then, what is good? Gita says acting as per Dharma is good and acting against Dharma is bad.

The Biblical view is that there is only one birth and then Judgement. No religion seems to be promoting evil. Every religion promotes good.

Looks that’s the answer. But hold on. Even after millions of rebirths, evil exists. There are all sorts of evil people around us. There is starvation, sufferings and what not. The question, therefore arises, what is good? How come that volumes and volumes of scriptures, teachers, followers, readers, speakers, listeners evil has survived?

Thyagarajan and MULLAI62 like this.

2. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

No one remembers anything of his or her past birth. Someone would argue if a person is not aware of his past bad deeds, how can he make amends in present life? Looks, it is a valid question. The accused has a right to know what his faults were.

Why he has been punished?

If we have praptham to go to see our inner mind deeply in meditation, we may get the answer for our question.
    Everyone can not go like that.

In Mahabharatha,
    Karna says to Krishna
    Throughout my life I was giving Dhanam to everyone daily. Then what is my mistake? What is my Sin? Karna asked.
    Krishna says,
    Karna if you give Dhanam, you will get Puniya in return but what is the benefit to them?
    If you are helpful to the society by using your skill, you would have been enlightened.
    But your skill was surrendered to Dhuriyodhana. Thats the reason.

Whatever we do our motive to do that karma is the point.

Karnan motive to win Arjuna. Great warrior
    Drona as a Guru teach Kuru vamsam.( To win Dhurubhadhar). Great Guru.
    Bhishma (To save only his kulam, Kuru vamsam). Great Warrior.

Self expectation was behind each of their actions.

All the above three are reason for Kurushetra war. Not Dhuruyodhana or Sakuni.

What we do, motive behind decides the Karma.

SCA and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@HariLakhera
    Good questions. I will ponder over and come back. In the meanwhile, I wonder How was the first person born on earth bestowed (!?) with karma. He has not committed any sin at the time of his first birth not necessarily as a human being. How first karma round begun?
    Thanks and Regards.

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dridrashtra (D) born blind & could never see his own sons in his life time including their dead bodies lying in battle field.

At the end of Khurushethra battle, D in genuflect before Lord Krishna, beseeched to tell him the cause for his total blindness and that he could never see his own sons.

Then Lord Krishna held D to get up, began telling him about operation of karma formula.

He told that People born suffers one or more of Kriyamana Karma, Sanchita Karma & Prarabdha Karma. Kriyamana Karma accrues due to day to day activities and it’s sequel one would face in a few days. The other two karmas are entwined: together, it stays and cumulated. Prarabdha Karma is part of sanchit karma that derived from previous birth or births which could be good or bad, positive or negative.

Then Lord Offers D “inner vision” for him to see happenings of his past births and the one happened before fifty and odd births.

D discovered that some fifty odd births before, he was a gruesome hunter and happened to have had fun just threw a net in aflame over a tree that was home for one hundred young fledglings. In the fire engulfed, many birds’ lives extinguished instantly. Few birds could manage to escape, but then heat of the fire blinded them.

And so, due to this effect of Sanchita Karma, D was destined to remain blind in this Life and also lose his 100 sons.

After listening in rapt attention to Lord Krishna’s insightful essay on a nutshell, D felt effete, queried the Lord as to why he was not made to suffer punishment in that birth itself but deferred it to his present birth.

Lord Krishna casting an enigmatic smile, in response said,
    “Your Karma had to wait for an opportune time for 50 and odd births. During that period, you would earn and gather pious deeds adequately to attain the merit of being born as a king and have fathered One Hundred sons. The Sanchita Karma accumulated over the last fifty and odd births would influence your life as Prarabdha Karma and you could then encounter instantaneously with that settling effects of your past evil action.”

Karma appears to be a divine law of cause & effect by which every thought, word & deed justly boomerang on him or her in present or future life.

One develops to remain compassionate ever, knowing that every experience, evil or noble, good or bad, is only the self-created reward of prior expressions of free will.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020