1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hpv Vaccine

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by stayblessed, Nov 26, 2020.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

My niece's school is planning to give HPV vaccine. Is it a safe vaccine? A search in the Internet says there are numerous side effects to this vaccine. Have any of you given it for your teenagers? Pls pour your suggestions. In India the schools don't offer such vaccines. So I dont have an idea. My sisters family is in dubai. She is asking for an idea. Pls help

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

HPV vaccine is safe. Most of the side effects are pain at the injection site like anyother vaccine. It prevents Human Papilloma Virus infection that might cause cervical cancer in women.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

All long-term studies of safety and efficacy have shown the vaccine to be safe and effective, providing sustained immunity. Risks are mostly minimal and complications rare. The vaccine offers protection against a number of viruses implicated in cervical, oropharyngeal, and head & neck cancers.

Summary information (with links to data) is here.

Up-to-date, detailed data for Gardasil-9 (the most advanced 9-valent form of the vaccine, currently the sole version used in the United States) are here.

Manufacturer information is here.

Harald Zur Hausen, who discovered HPV and the viral etiology of cervical cancer, making it possible to develop this vaccine, was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2008, along with the discoverers of HIV.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    stayblessed and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. Very useful