1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We Deserve To Be Ruled By Worse People!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Nov 9, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very entertaining piece, Balajee! Kamalaben, Vimalaben, kee phark painda, eh? Anyway, I have a dream and know it is destined to remain one. Ideally we need a partyless system, a government made up of ministers who are professionals/experts in their own field to be changed every 3-4 years. Technocracy, I think it is called, right? Election of ministers and PM to be done online - minimal expenditure.

3. HariLakhera

I think there is such or like that system in Singapore. But that is a small country. We are a large country with many interest groups and each one of them want to be represented. What you are possibly suggesting a Presidential form of Government. But that too is in trouble in USA.

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, it is these 'interest' groups which are the cause of all the issues - conflicting interests. No, I don't mean a Presidential form of Govt. I meant a technocracy. Maybe hard to implement in this country, but we certainly need a change from a system taken over by criminals parading as politicians, a system threatening to turn fascist, if it has not already done so.

HariLakhera likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

A great fiction that could become the best New York Times Best Seller, if written as a novel. The State Supreme Courts are not buying into those claims and tossing each and every one of such litigations. Before someone writes things like that in WhatsApp, they need to understand how the electoral system works in the US and how the State Laws govern what ballots can be accepted by the election officials. The State Legislators decide including districting and redistricting pretty much drawing the district the way they like sometimes customized to go against a particular political party. Let us wait and see whether the US Supreme Court agrees with the Plaintiff. All States are determined to defend their certification whether they are Democratic or Republican officials. If there are solid evidences, what prevents the Republican Party to present them in the court?

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. HariLakhera

I also have the view. Nothing permits anybody to challenge a decision in a court of law where it can be tested. The true validity of a law is open discussion in a court of law. There has been many constitutional amendments in every country as changing times do need a change.
    American system is very complex and there has been instances of disputes in the past also. In the end, the defeat should be accepted with grace.

Viswamitra likes this.