1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Getting Ocd About Periods And Cleanliness. What To Do ??

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by EagerForInfo, Dec 9, 2019.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Thank you gals for all the nice suggestions. Yes I agree with you that once I find a solution for these automatically my mind will snap outvif it. This covid hand washing is getting the smell out though time taking it is helping. There must be a solution for everything. Now ive got to figure out how to rinse out the shower after I shower as our shower area only had an immovable shower head and nontap. How in the world we can clean the floor aftet shower. Filling with a mug and cleaning will not work as it takes at least 10 minutes to fill a mug under the shower. Just confused how other people manage or if someone forgot to put a tap in our bathroom shower. People who have come from India will be confused how to sit on a potty seat used by others if they did not know we need to put toilet tissue or a seat covers on it. Similarly there must be a solution for this too. I must have been running on autopilot all these years cause I don't know what I was doing all these years.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

@AmulB, I have been through the heavy periods for about 2 years as it set in so gradually and made my life hell. Iron deficiency will set in making matters worse. It could most probably be fibroids causing this because I developed a few growing ones.
    Do check up with your family doctor, get an ultra sound and blood test for hormones and Iron.

As to your OCD about periods, you need to calm down and tell yourself it is only a body routine and hormones doing their job. Wash your hands and use a cream that has a strong smell to overcome the smell. You have a way to control OCD in you, but checking out the reason for heavy periods, leave it to the Doctor.

3. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

@madhat this thread is Not from Me. I just replied to her long ago. Regarding pcos and fibroids. When u r not bleeding plz try kapalbhati pranayam it can get rid of any cysts or fybroids. So many ppl got results from doing it. And with some food changes like reducing carbs will help.

EagerForInfo likes this.
  4. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I will try it. Thank you!

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

How did they take the fibroid out?

7. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

My fibroids are still small so the doctors said that I should leave it alone unless it gets bigger. But I had an oopherectomy which is removal of both the tubes and ovaries. They left the uterus intact as removing that they thought was not needed.
    So now I am on HRT and no more periods Yaayyyy.

8. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

for me i came to know about it during my ttc while getting a scan done . when it was first diagnosed it was 11cm that grew on to 18cm in 4 months by the time i could find a good doctor to get my robotic myomectomy done . it was one day process with no overnight stay in the hospital. And i could get back to my chores in 3 days after with meds for two weeks. it greatly reduced the periods flow . but this is just a possibility . not to say that you have a fibroid for sure . getting a scan will help better.

9. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

does pranayama reduce fibroid? thank u just found out i have a 4cm nd doc asked to take iron tablets exercise n get some sunlight
    wl do pranayama for sure

10. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

check this youtube site out. of all the people I have seen, this person is very good in explaining yoga poses. I have started following his video and practicing. The problem is that too many people have started making YT videos on yoga and you need to be careful and figure out if the person is not rushing through and giving a good explanation.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj_abfqe75HhtwAcxCdqBGg

sociallifein30s likes this.