1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Severe Hair Fall For Last 3 Years. Collagen Peptides/biotin Helpful?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by gknew, Nov 3, 2020.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you.
    Do you take Vitamin D3 with K2? I have heard that k2 helps in absorption. Was bit hesitant to try without doctor's approval. Do you take magnesium too?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yes, that’s the one I take. I tried magnesium but it honestly became too much. I take daily thyroid medication so I have to space out other supplements by several hours and I lost patience to track everything.

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

That's true it's really very difficult to space out medications throughout the day. I am taking some medications, NSAIDs along with these supplements and my bp medicine. So, have to keep a track on timings of each tablet. Sometimes it's very frustrating too and lost track.
    Do you use this one?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07255MPRN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JlHOFb62TXBBQ

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yes, that’s the one I take. Same brand for biotin 5000 mcg also.

gknew likes this.
  5. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

I experienced hair fall even though I was eating right and doing the needful massaging. I noticed the hair fall only after using indigo with henna, so I stopped indigo and I am only using henna.I included eggs and sprouts in my diet and started using egg white hair pack which contributed to controlling my hair fall to a greater extent.Also reducing stress helped me a lot. Plz do not just focus on vitamin supplements, food is the real medicine, try to have a balanced meal.Notice if you are using any hair product that’s causing the hair fall. Do you have dandruff or other infections on the scalp ? Eating a lot of packaged snacks is bad too.All these factors can lead to hair fall according to my experience.

6. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I have sever hair fall due to thyroid and deficient in vit D and B .I take D3+k2 after lunch and B after dinner.Also I see a good improvement after eating egg and drinking milk everyday.

gknew likes this.
  7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Thyroid issues and deficiencies of vitamins including D can lead to hairfall. I took vit D2 liquid gels prescribed by my doctor. ( everyday in the beginning then slowly reducing frequency to one per week.) But it didn't improve much. So I tried cod liver oil one to two times per week which i used to take when I was a kid (
    Example; Amazon.com : Spring Valley - Cod Liver Oil with Vitamin A & D 100 softgels by Spring Valley : Beauty). It really helped.
    Also go for protein rich food.

I have also noticed hair fall after moving here. Can you evaluate the difference in your life style - environment, cold/ warm water for washing hair, quality of water, type of shampoo ( avoid shampoos with sodium laureate sulphate) and frequency, food habits etc... These can also affect the health of hair

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    gknew likes this.
  8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you.
    Yeah, I see the difference in the quality of water here. I use very hot water for hair wash. I think I need to change that to cold water and see if it helps. I am not using SLS shampoo. Just using SLS free shampoo. Got some biotin shampoo and using it for 6 months back and that doesn't help too.

9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you.
    I do have dandruff. Not sure about the infection in the scalp.

10. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Oh then that explains your hair fall. You need to get rid of your dandruff.Hot water is very bad for the hair too.You can use cold or Luke warm water for head bath.