Is It Safe To Travel Now?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by GregoriaBoul, Oct 15, 2020.

1. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

Is it safe to travel at all right now? What is the safest way to travel during this Pandemic?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Where from and where to?

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@GregoriaBoul

On phone lines we continue to hear in India advise that due too pandemic conditions unless it is extremely urgent not to venture out and in local moments use face cover mask and maintain social distsnce.
    • For the sake of downtrodden and production some governments have opened the economy with caution and precautions so that everyone get something in their kitty.
    • Ads say safe to travel to certain nations with certain conditions.
    • Singapore government says everything ok as per new normal and recommends tourist to visit their country.
    • Indian government relaxed certain conditions for domestic air travels but quarantine protocol to be followed.
    Your query should be elaborated to attempt answer specific .

East or west your Home is Best.
    Regards.

God doesn’t want exchange of visits between Heaven & Hell!

4. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

Wow this is awesome! I am planning to visit SG next month for the Holidays. I love to hear that they are pretty good in terms of policy already. How are then coping with COvid?

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:As per daily statistics published in media, one tend to believe it is all encouraging.
    But the statitics pertain to Tamil Nadu is confronted with severe criticism and certain section opines that rosy statistics skewed & presented to extract more funds sanctioned from centre kitty.

One is advised especially in prevailing pandemic to make thorough research before setting out to travel and emplane in long flights to India & any country as well.

Wishing you all the best

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Depends on source/destination, and reason. If you have to go, then you have to go. Take precautions.
    If it is something you can avoid, then better be.
    Problem is - we can not afford to be sick in travel or transit location and be stuck or quarantine..
    For example - Even if you travelling to india, and let say you have family there to take care of you, you, god forbid get sick, will have to quarantine, extend vacation may be, do arrangements with work situation here.. .and all will be hustle. so unless you really need travel, then avoid.
    Since you did not mention, distances, i am assuming air travel out of country.
    Travelling to beach is different case.
    Travel itself comes with risk then everything else (distance etc) adds exposure hence risk.

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  7. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

It depends on what country you will go to and the safest way is that you just need to follow the safety precautions to avoid getting the CoVID-19.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I must be missing something ... Not judging friends who are choosing to travel, but I am left shaking my head that people I am so close to can think so differently.

One friend traveling to India to visit her 75+ year old mom. In the February or April 2021 school break. Her mom is touchwood mostly healthy, lives with one child, and another child lives in the street behind them. Why going? It's been 1.5 - 2 years since meeting Mom, so.

Another friend here is going to a new year celebration 2 hours away. Four families 14-15 people getting together in an Airbnb for 4 nights.

But why...?

9. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

That why coming at the very end made me think of Ted Kennedy's speech at Bobby K's funeral. 1 min long, and ends with the "why and why-not" dichotomy.
    "Some...see things as they are, and ask why; I dream of things as they could be...and say why not"