Finest Post Nomination - Change In Procedure

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Thank you as always for your words of appreciation. I have stayed here in IL way too long and I should not be surprised with your observation
    but here I am grinning ear to ear, for what is macrocosm without the micro? Thank you for your words sir, truly!

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My sixth nomination for the month is this post by @NOW
    Stressed All The Time

It is easily one of the most helpful and succinct posts I have read in IL with practical and to-the-point suggestions for new moms. I was floored by the clarity, concern and hope presented so smoothly in the post. Hope as in "you will look back and will feel proud and even blessed to experience this difficult phase in your life."

Sleep when the baby sleeps is the most popular (and useful) advice but I found "Do not fold laundry but maintain separate bins for everyone" to be just as useful. Even now, well more than a decade after those days of my life, I can clearly recall seeing the unfolded clothes, bibs, baby towels, umpteen baby dresses and feeling simply overwhelmed and unable to start folding even one tiny square towel. Separate bins for everyone is a "let's slice bread" level of an idea for "zero energy and tons of work to do" moments like that.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Thank you for your sixth and final nomination of @NOW 's response to the thread Stressed All The Time
    The nominee has been exceptionally eloquent in offering her helpful tips to the OP. All her suggestions are bound to ease the stresses of a young mother. As I was reading it, I was just pondering over how my mother would have handled me nearly eight decades back particularly when she would never have had such counselling. No wonder we celebrate Mother's Day in such a grand scale.
    A great post nominated with your customary felicity!

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your final nomination of We Are Nothing Without Our Past by @HariLakhera
    What I love about Hariji is his selection of subjects and the way he deals with them. This one is no exception. Life is a bag of good and bad for everyone and as we go on shoving the experiences of our past into that bag, it should only serve as referral in our ongoing life. It should be referred to only in case of absolute need. We should not get bogged down by the weight of our past.
    A profound post that requires you to put on your thinking cap before you read it.
    Sri

HariLakhera and iyerviji like this.
  6. Cheeniya

I am extremely grateful to the Nominating Committee for making this first experience really delightful. From the usual 8 or 9 nominations to 18 is indeed a quantum leap. It may get broadened to a sizeable number if a few more join the Committee.
    Right now I am happy and excited for having infused life into this competition.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Our pleasure my.dear Anna. Thank for selecting me in the Committee.

8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Cheeniya,
    I am honored.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes. A few more in the committee would help. Maybe if there are enough people in the committee, each can be asked to nominate a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6. That would give some leeway for members unable to find 6 due to whatever reasons.
    I found myself trying to read posts with more discernment due to being in the committee. It was a pleasant surprise to find more posts to nominate that I had the quota for. I compromised by mostly nominating ones by members who had never won FP.

I learned that a good way to about it is to nominate 2 per week and aim to nominate 6 by week three of the month.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Laks09, Viswamitra and Cheeniya like this.