1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Law Of Wasted Efforts

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by jayasala42, Oct 26, 2020.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The Law of Wasted Efforts

Do you know that lions only succeed in a quarter of their hunting attempts - which means they fail in 75% of their attempts and succeeds in only 25% of them.

Despite this small percentage shared by most predators, they don't despair in their pursuit and hunting attempts.

The main reason for this is not because of hunger as some might think but it is the understanding of the “Law of Wasted Efforts” that have been instinctively built into animals, a law in which nature is governed.

Half of the eggs of fish are eaten... half of the baby bears die before puberty... most of the world's rains fall in oceans... and most of the seeds of trees are eaten by birds.

Scientists have found that animals, trees, and other forces of nature are more receptive to the law of "wasted efforts".

Only humans think that the lack of success in a few attempts is failure... but the truth is that: we only fail when we "stop trying".

Success is not to have a life free of pitfalls and falls... but success is to walk over your mistakes and go beyond every stage where your efforts were wasted looking forward to the next stage.

If there is a word that summarizes this world, it will simply be: continue all over again.

Be Inspired !

Jayasala42

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

What is the statement of the law of wasted effort ?
    Reading much of the essay in #1 may lead to this: "Much of your effort would go to waste; just chill".
    Is that it ?
    People have various conclusions to draw from their failed attempts. And besides, Failure has so many variations, whereas success is banal.
    [​IMG]

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

"If you fail once a while, try try try again"
    I guess we learnt this from animals only. The tiny ant does it many times over before it succeeds. I was observing a squirrel picking a straw, climbing the tree, the straw falling down, she coming down, picking it again, again, and again.
    I am not very sure but humans can record in their mind what went wrong and correct it next time, which animals cannot.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one. The art of failing skillfully is as important to master as taking the steps that lead to success. My favorite quote on the topic is one by Michael Jordan. Something about the numbers in it never fails to help me reset my perspective.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
    ~ Michael Jordan.​

Maybe the post can be moved to the "Interesting Shares" section as:
    Candle Light
    The Law of wasted efforts

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Op had said succinctly in conclusion that failure due to diligent efforts need not be considered as wasted effort.
    One abortion need not end in another abortion perhaps might lead to delivery of robust twins.
    Hundreds off tests and failures did not deter Alva Thomas Edison:

When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps." "Great success is built on failure, frustration, even

The tower was leaning as it was built. But turned out to be a great monument. The leaning tower of Pisa.

No effort is wasted as in fact every effort equips one to organise better and improve and attain or exceed the goal.
    Thanks and Regards.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:For the company it was wasted effort. Their CEO in India sacked on day one. But thousands of Indians detected the loophole turned enormously rich and one young software lady who playfully deposited ₹531 & won the spun that gave her the jackpot making her instant crirpathi.

For more info click link below:
    Controversial Mistake in The India Makes Thousands of People Rich