Finest Post Nomination - Change In Procedure

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

stayblessed likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Glad to see this thread by @SGBV nominated . This has been the closest I have come to know more about Sri lanka and mainly about its civil war and its repercussions. Also how people are ready and willing to move on from it. Its unfortunate that actor Vijay had to finally step back from the movie because of the pressure but nevertheless i still look forward to watching this movie being made with any other actor.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Thank you for your nomination of a response by @DDream to the thread Feels Like Revenge
    While the concern shown by the members for the OP's miserable plight, DDream has gone a step further and given some solid advice. She has nicely summed up her advices/suggestions with a very apt coat
    That indeed is a clincher!

Rihana likes this.
  5. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Rihana for the nomination. Glad you found it to be balanced.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thank you for your second nomination of @Halosandwings 's response to the tread Do I Need To Trust My H ?
    HSW, as you call her, has given some sound advice to the OP. This advice would be relevant to all girls in similar circumstances. The concluding para is the most important. HSW does not suggest any rash action. She has weighed the pros and cons of all possible solutions.
    Need I say more?

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:IL_Admin
    @Cheeniya
    With deference to present members of the nomination committee and other involved moderators here is my humble opinion/suggestion:

• In Addition to the nominating committee, it is felt no harm would cause to the ongoing method, if fellow members if any nominate what they consider their monthly best.
    • Let such nomination be one or many should not alter the situation but only reinforce the democratic choice as in the past.
    • If none of fellow IL’ites come forward with his or her nomination it does not matter.
    Thanks and Regards.

8. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your nomination of Empire Of Imagination by @jayasala42
    I entirely agree with you that it is an eminently readable blog which has somehow remained outside the spotlight. The title Empire of Imagination reminds me of Pusalar, one of the 63 Nayanmars. He was building an exquisite temple for Lord Siva around the time when Raja Raja Chola was building the great temple at Thanjavur. When the King fixed a date for the consecration of the Temple, Lord Sive appeared in his dream telling him that the date of consecration would not suit Him as He had to be present at a bigger temple built by Pusalar for Him. The King was astonished and went in search of Pusalar. He was a poor man and there was no sign of any temple there. When the King asked him about the temple being built by him, Pusalar replied in all humility that the construction of the temple was entirely in his mind. The King felt humbled and touched Pusalar's feet.
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your nomination of Lockdown Diaries by @Anjelin
    It's really a creative effort spun interestingly. I loved these lines:
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your nomination of On Being Judgmental by @HariLakhera
    Hariji must be having hyperactive mind to come out with such questions. What is being judgemental is a very tough question. Being judgemental for one's own safety is good and necessary. But being judgemental to evaluate if the person will fit into our class is being unkind. The first mentioned is necessary if we are going to have a business contact with him. It is necessary too. The second mentioned may result in our being branded a snob
    Sri

HariLakhera and Viswamitra like this.