Will The Central Government Ever Stop Pushing Hindi On Tamil Nadu ?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Minion, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The writers of the constitution aren’t the ones pushing anything. You cannot equate the current Govt to them.
    This is why you need to read posts before jumping to conclusions and batting back. I have told you again and again that I am not talking about any of the spendings and other things you are talking about. I was just giving my FB to ONE poster as to why Hindi is the official language based on historic facts and ONE poster about the advantages of kids learning an additional language. My posts have nothing to do with the agenda of oppressing the people of Tamil Nadu. Those were narrow explanations - both posters are welcome to take it or leave it. It is always a good thing to know why and I was just point it out.

You’re ranting to the wrong person here. I’m not having any opinion one way or another about the current events reg Hindi vs Tamil. I’m not debating with you on the value of one vs the other.

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

while learning about NEP-2020, I came upon this headline/byline:
    The mother tongue fanatics are keeping India a poor, backward country
    The new National Education Policy should have shown the courage to argue for English medium education from primary school onwards.

The article has this about Kashmir that I did not know:
    In Kashmir, even government schools are English ‘medium’, that is, students are taught everything in English, right from primary school.

Sheikh Abdullah’s land reforms are widely acknowledged as one of the reasons why Kashmir and Kashmiris became prosperous. One reason that is not acknowledged is the implementation of English medium education.

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

The writers of the constitution laid the foundation and the governments following them are building on the foundation.

4. Laks09

Or they were simply idealistic enough to think that Indians won’t fall in the divide and rule mindset created by the Brits and unite under the umbrella of one language. You are assuming the intentions of something that a group of people wrote 70 years ago. They were oppressed by the Brits and I don’t believe they were trying to oppress the Tamilians by writing the constitution in Hindi instead of another language(I still don’t know what that other language is).

What current day politicians are doing, much like Trump, nobody writing the constitution could have predicted and added fail safe measures.

chanchitra likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

The failure to acknowledge that India is a multi-language country is their fault, they sowed the first seed for what is happening today.

6. Laks09

You probably learned the Preamble of the Indian constitution by heart just like me. I don’t remember the exact verbiage but the first line says - to secure all its citizens justice; social, economic and political. Social justice is the term used to denote that everyone regardless of caste, creed, place of birth, gender - will be treated equally. That there will be no social discrimination.
    The introduction to the constitution of India does specify exactly what you are complaining it doesn’t.
    I can’t believe you actually think the Indian constitution denies one set of people their language because it specifically is written in another and doesn't call out regional discrimination.

You can lament on the lack of enforcement not on the actual constitutional contents.

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The Constituent Assembly of India had members from South India too. Too bad they did not foresee the multi-language issue.

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

The intention and words have no meaning when you don't have a practical application look at the justice system in India it is plagued with cases that no one will get justice in a reasonable time, if they have acknowledged India as a multi-language country they would have invited everyone to simultaneously translate it to each of the native language and not write up hooks to blast Hindi to all the all state under the pretext of unity.

Look at the sate of the justice system in India

Backlog of cases crippling judiciary.

From these figures, it is evident that there is a staggering load on the Indian judiciary. If a man can carry a weight of 100 pounds and an elephant is placed on his head, what will happen? He will certainly collapse and that has happened to the Indian judiciary. There are about 33 million cases pending in the Indian courts today, and it is estimated that if no fresh case is filed, it will take about 360 years to clear the backlog.

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

That's the problem they where busy thinking about developing their state and did not want to do another standoff like Jinnah and their silence is what is the result of what The south Indians are facing today.

Rihana likes this.
  10. Laks09

Now I know why the entire Republican janta blame Obama for everything that’s happening now under the Trump administration. Whatever happens blame Hindi.