Will The Central Government Ever Stop Pushing Hindi On Tamil Nadu ?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Minion, Oct 18, 2020.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

That reply was not for the thread, but for the poster who commented exactly the same in the other thread.
    Sorry.... Ciao adios!

2. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

It’s more than just learning a new language. Did you read JSKLS reply in this thread? I am not a Tamilian but have many Tamil friends. Yes, it is good to learn a new language if it is out of interest but making it mandatory in everything is something we cannot digest.

For example I remember one of my friend’s words that her mom is educated using Tamil.All the financial information including challan, cheque leaf, account opening form everything was in Hindi. She said that her mom feels like illiterate in her own state. I don’t know if the case is still the same. Even in my state Kerala, so many older generation people are not that comfortable in speaking Hindi. Solution: Treat every language equal. No language is superior than other. People who need to go to other Indian states for work, will learn it for their own survival. After all India is a land of different beautiful cultures and languages. Not one language represent India. It’s soul is in the diversity itself.

3. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Sgbv you can claim srilankan govt is trying to keep everyone together and things have changed. I didnt want to dispute by showing videos and restricted myself in just saying our views because our intention was not to shame you but to express our views. But your level of provocation is reaching new heights. Yes as you said every country has problems but unlike you, we talk of the problems as it is and not distort facts. you are trying to prove yourself right by hiding facts. So am just posting these few links and videos among many others. Sinhalization of Tamil Areas by Building Buddhist Shrines over Hindu Temples
    https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://youtu.be/sYXDvdKItkQ?fbclid=IwAR218Vuw9GamvKZW9YJ5xJP31zjJev9OX0x5Qw8-6BhGqJnYpLmJFKWSCy0&h=AT3Vu17H4P6mwAzdN7qMkiXLc445JISZk70DN5XwvlYSLLue9-u-vCnyb1UP6fq2NxG9pFEt58eanjzpbwqwGPLWDxgfn9yWtvSK5-ZMGw6g0hC6KYDGoGsNqbFpt-aaCIQtvcUjlg80rdGETg0gPQGn3rM_gRvX5n4deDSQW-tYvVKNFA_fa3hCnouItU52qbON_ZmcG-v9HGJvvF7wKBE9dajqUtnpBQNlwQm9XmNSKN4GFRlvXg1avNKhxJjxOQJxNuVNgWuHQZvGFjjow9YmruocSGUkwvOdo4cxXl5PfxH4QcZ9PkbVAZDDVD5Rg2IrHP9gmFuePe-AC3mmuQsro3V20sqdHqEKb3olRYsqmx0Xi0cHm0dLinTll9cKtvhojVHNJAc6SrAAqJ5U16otqrnbNicTVCY1YFceRWc02CS-cfEYPo61KNtNZNfQFVF8p8OLkUVn6oosFnO7Ak-jwQnDr4i_Ipq2WT0tlb5vEf-n6ov3TbBlEA_fF67YNB9SKKt0Y3nMZteMTHWaWuBRlTMAgW3_bu1iCEt7kKXypwgtR8xw-Zk
    Jeyakumaran Chandrasegaram
    Sajeevan Thirumaran
    She has clearly stated she doesn't support enforcing any language in one of her replies. You chose to see only what suits you.
    We aren't really interested in changing your views on whats happening ins srilanka you can be in denial. But dont try to fool and control other peoples views.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

When people from the NE of India come to work in southern metro cities or in construction, they get by in jobs with no or least local-customer contact. Until they get good in the local language through use.
    Even in one place where the government could signal respect ( India is a Republic !!) for cultures and Linguistic States, the currency of India, there is an overflow of Hindi. Is it designed to annoy the Hindi illeterates ?
    [​IMG]

Chocolatey and Swetha52003 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

The thread is no where related to Srilanka. Please don’t divert the topic..

stayblessed and chanchitra like this.
  6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Let’s assume that everyone in India can speak Hindi forget about writing do you think there will be a koliwood or any other regional movie industry? No one will finance a movie because Hindi will have a bigger audience and boom the language will be wiped out within a single generation look at all the languages that are vanishing from India? Look at Modi’s mother tongue Gugarathi, it’s declining because Gujarathi’s decided to learn Hindi.

Mind your language: Gujarati on the decline

When was the last time we have seen a super hit movie in Gujarati language???

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    stayblessed likes this.
  7. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

yes. abuse is a strong word imo.
    stay on topic

stayblessed likes this.
  8. chanchitra

srilankan tamils can learn sinhalese or any language. Rapes and murders are abuse.
    lots of tamil kids in usa are learning spanish willingly:grinning:

stayblessed likes this.
  9. chanchitra

me too. lol

10. chanchitra

it is in tamil also. so whats the problem here?