Tanishq Ad

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chanchitra, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I liked that delightful Ad and that showed scene can happens in mature families. Can't we accept reforms in Ad too?

There are good mothers in law exist in this world [ yes, I had met a few good mothers in law] and try to welcome the change.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  2. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

As long as people falling on the politicians feet and worshiping them they will find ways to stroke the violence

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Yes. It was a joke comment

5. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

So much hatred towards an ad that talks about love and acceptance of different beliefs under one roof.

chanchitra and Mistt like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am actually disappointed with myself for agreeing with Kangana Ranaut, but she has a point in this case. Her tweet says:

The concept wasn’t as much a problem as the execution was,the fearful Hindu girl apologetically expressing her gratitude to her in-laws for the acceptance of her faith, Isn’t she the woman of the house? Why is she at their mercy? Why so meek and timid in her own house? Shameful.

That was also something that struck me though I couldn't put it in words till I read this tweet. That the ceremony will follow the mother-to-be's religion's rituals should be a given, not something the in-laws are admired for doing. Ads like this reinforce patriarchy in our minds even as we find ourselves celebrating the religious amity and broadmindedness the ad showcases.

7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Because women is a possession ;hard hitting fact. the Problem was not love dovey shown...the problem is misogyny! ( personally no problem for me only after reading about it my thoughts changed, my innocent mind if have watched this in my college would have gone awwwwwwwww )

why cant ads be just two families mixing together...!i mean you dont have to be married to be happy society ..that dream is faaar faar... this ad i tell you it invited controversy ( just speaking my marketing mind )

blindpup10, chanchitra and Agathinai like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I thought you meant Indians aren’t broad minded enough for such a conglomerate family.

If India isn’t ready for a Hindu/Muslim family reunion Ad, how is India ready to oust patriarchy in its entirety? If India isn’t ready for cross religious ads how is she is ready for feminist ads? Did I miss the meaning in your first post?

Maybe the ad maker used existing patriarchal norms to influence religious harmony?

9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Most of the ads in Indian TV , reinforce patriarchal mindset. If thats the reason to condemn the Tanisha ad, most of the ads should be banned. Women are shown to cook, clean, taking care of kids, using washng machine/ powder, .....etc....doing seva to in-laws...etc. men most of the time enjoy the outcome of their efforts.

I thought Tanisha ad is about love and care... atleast the MIL is treating her DIL with love... I know many happy couples with inter-relegious/ inter-caste marriages based on love. They didn't change their religion and follow their beliefs.

In India, many honor killings are based on caste than religion.

I think everyone can view the same ad and conceive their version based on their mindset. If we use yellow glass ,everything will look yellow.

In India, anything associated with religion or caste has great market now, for political games and gains. A great opportunity for them to divide and rule. If they promote communal harmony, they can't hide, their drawbacks or the real issues our country face. So keep on creating issues one after another even based on an ad.
    I dont think the makers of that ad realised this aspect before producing it. They may have to come up with creative ideas without touching the current sentiments, if they want to show communal harmony through ads.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    chanchitra and nuss like this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I don’t know what the big deal is...it’s an inter religious marriage, and the Muslim MIL is trying to keep her Hindu DIL happy during her pregnancy by arranging baby shower / Godh Bharai according to her custom and gifting her jewellery , as is the custom in many families..
    Can’t people see this ad positively?? Broad minded in laws, a good relationship of a DIL with her family, both sets of families taking part in the ceremony happily regardless of the difference in their cultures, and of course, the DIL getting lovely jewellery sets as gift!

Mistt and chanchitra like this.