Risk Of Infected By Covid19

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vedhavalli, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

I came across a person who didn't step out for 6 months except for 2-3 times. But she got infected only once when she went to get per food.

Another family who host monthly potlucks, conducted a birthday party and Ganesh Chathurthi Pooja by inviting others. Go out parks, go on biking-hiking trails with coworkers, friends and hold play dates in parks.
    I myself saw pictures of group with 10-15 people without mask, 0 social distancing.
    None got affected..
    Why is it so?

Some people are reckless some are very cautious. But these reckless morons don't get affected how is that.

I don't believe in bio-bubble interaction with same households, is not safe IMO because they can go stores , work place or meet others, we don't know who comes in contact with who?

2. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

It could be individual immunity as well, but I dont call anyone "Reckless Morons" just because they dont seem to be as cautious as others!!!!

sanjuruby3 and peartree like this.
  3. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

slow friday :)

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Individual immunity, and luck matters to a great extent...
    But in any case, no point in taking chances and being reckless...
    Better to be safe than sorry...
    You’re right in not having too much social interaction at this time...you wouldn’t know hundred percent of your neighbours whereabouts, so if they have been exposed you could also be at risk...

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Totally agree with "EverydayBloom" comment on calling reckless morons.

about spreading with just 2/3 visits in 6 months, could be just chance - wrong place, wrong time.
    People who are meeting and having potlucks - have not caught YET - may be they ae cautious while meeting, no, mask but not really getting close and also if every one is cautious, lesser chance. Also, covid is not gone yet.

Since you are not part of those groups, and you are not socializing, you can not say.

I know many people are meeting and socializing but all in their inner circles. People are fed up being restrained inside homes and seeing same faces in a home. This all leads to domestic stress.

6. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Yes, they are reckless. But how would you know that they haven’t been infected. There are lots of asymptomatic spreaders and that is one of the reasons for this pandemic. So they might have been infected but just not aware it. Probably young and good health had been on their side. Then some people have this belief that they are immune until they fall sick. Whatever maybe they are socially irresponsible.

Mistt likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:One has got to be lucky every time they go out exposed to others in public caring a hoot for social distancing and face mask.

• A family conducted Pooja - a kind of ritual, inviting a handful of people. One of the guests asymptotic and in next fifteen days in that family three expired to COVID 19 in Chromepet Chennai.
    • Despite my instructions to ignore the Pooja ritual, they went ahead but they are no more.
    • Those who escaped unaffected all middle aged must have had higher level of immunity . One has got to thank the stars under which mother delivered him or her.

If majority goes out to revel - it doesn’t mean that they could be right. One should not pledge common sense in these circumstances.

8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

They would have been a bit careful by taking immunity boosters.
    or they are asymptomatic and never knew they got affected, and chances are mild infections getting cured naturally.
    Or
    the one who never stepped out and got affected at a rare stepping out, would have been too scared or under stress of getting locked in. The fear and stress can do dangers to the body and invite virus.

Or let us call it fate, which chooses people randomly.

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Are you saying that Trump is not a “Reckless Moron” :)

Agathinai likes this.
  10. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

yes.he is not