NEED INFO ON ADMISSION FOR 11th CBSE

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjukps, Nov 1, 2011.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hello ILs,

I need help from you all.

My son now in 10th STD at Vivekananda Vidyalaya, Chromepet. He is very studious and he has got A+ in SA1. Now we are planning to change the school as his school has got only State board for +1. Otherwise it is a good school. He is studying there since LKG. He is already going for IIT coaching from 9th std but we think that will be of more pressure to him during 11th and 12th. so we want him to concentrate on academics more as well prepare for AIEEE.

The schools in my mind are Vidhya Mandhir - Mylapore, PS higher secondary - Mylapore, Maharishi Vidhya Mandhir - chetpet, shankara - adyar, modern at Nanganallur, KV - meenambakkam near trident. I am ready to even stay with him nearby the school, so that he can attend tuitions for main sub and AIEEE coaching without much travelling. My daughter is in 4th, but she will continue till her 10 th in same school.

Now what I need is, when these schools are starting their admissions for 11th (2012-13). When they start issuing applications.

I heard some schools are starting admissions from Jan. SSM at Chromepet already issuing and they have their admission test.

Please give me infos on admission in above schools or any other schools you think is good for CBSE 11th.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Manjukps

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

manju,

most of these schools start issuing applciation forms end december-february. kv-meenambakkam/palavanthangal(2 schools) will be very difficult because it is for govt. staff and the open quota does not have many vacancies. you can also keep track of the applications in their website. modern does not admit/issue application without the results being declared, and even then it is also a little difficult.
    chettinad does give application and admission but you need to pay some donation.
    Why don't you give Arsha vidya mandir, if fees is not an issue. even DAV velachery gives application in april.

Getting into vidya mandir and ps will be difficult. if there is a vacancy there is a chance..even if you have some recommendation.

CV,Arsha have fitjee- programme embedded into their curriculam.

3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Shanvy for the response.

I have enquirer in DAV Gopalapuram and Modern. They are to be approached only after board results. Not interested in DAV velachery. Vidhya Mandir, Mylapore by Jan 1st week. PS refuses admission for students from local schools, but if they are from out of Chennai, they may consider as they have court order. Maharishi, chetpet - no open admission for CBSE, only for state board they will give admission.

As of now we have come to a conclusion not to go for integrated IIT program as my son feels there will be more pressure, though he is very studious and has maintained 10/10 consistently since CCE was introduced last year. He wants to concentrate on academics with simultaneous preparation for AIEEE. Let him also try for IIT. If he he gets, ok. We don't want to force him as there is also lot of college options through AIEEE.

I am hoping for the best and keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards
    Manjukps

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I know how difficult it is. i had a real tensed period during admissions, what with the results only released on may 31st and half the schools starting school in march end and april...my daughter took commerce..i am looking at iit for my son, but will look at concentrated workshops/classes only in the 12th and later..not before that..(there is a lot of time.he is in the 8th.and there is a talk of removing iit exams completely..and i hope all the confusions get set right before that)

i wish you all the best.

5. AppuPalani

AppuPalani New IL'ite

Hi, does anybody have idea about Chennai Public School, Thirumazhisai for 11th & 12th? How about the hostel facilities and coaching?

6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Where does he go for IIT coaching

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The highlighted part above relates to 2012-13.
    (Now what I need is, when these schools are starting their admissions for 11th (2012-13). When they start issuing applications)

Yet you consider your question would be relevant probably you desire which is the coaching centre that boy was attending.

Thanks and Regards.