Finest Post Nomination - Change In Procedure

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    When the Earth slows down in its orbit around the Sun, you can only wring your fingers helplessly and watch it in great distress. But when the goings-on in the Finest Posts slows down dismally, we do not wring our fingers in distress. We spring into action.

As you all know, nominations for the Finest Posts have nosedived drastically in recent months. In fact, we have been carrying only with the nominations of just two ILites. From fifty odd nominations in the past, we have crashed to a dismal single digit in recent months. This did not make us scratch our head helplessly but spring into action. We put on our thinking cap to find out how we can resolve the issue. A flash and this is what we have decided to do on an experimental basis. Instead of looking to all our members to give life to this ailing activity, we have decided to entrust the work to a Nominating Committee who will handle this portfolio. We have zeroed in on three members who will take up this job initially. They will be nominating six posts each. There will be NO seconding of the nominations by any other member.

The Nominating Committee initially will have the following members:

Viswamitra

Iyerviji

Rihana

From out of the nominated posts, one post will be selected as the Finest Post each month. The winner will have the Winner tag attached to her name for a period of six months as per the present practice. The nominations will be received till the last day of the month. The announcement of the Winner will be made on the First day of the following month. The extant practice of exclusion of certain Posts from the ambit of the competition will continue.
    The change in the procedure comes into effect from the current month.
    Sri (cheeniya)

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thankyou Anna for selecting me. I will try my best to nominate six posts

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:

On behalf of fellow members & on my own behalf,
    I congratulate and welcome the above threesome of nominating Committee for this ongoing onerous task.

The selection of the above three, appears to be on the basis of senior most memberships and their huge contributions till date in various fora.

While congratulating them for their elevation to a new status, I wish @iyerviji @Rihana & lone male member @Viswamitra a long tenure of this task of sieving, separating the chaff from fiction and discovering the best six of the posts from member contributions for the outgoing month.

But then I regret that members and Me deprived of the opportunity to second the post being nominated.

@Cheeniya Sir - with this announcement, I presume you must be a relieved man as your load of expediting members for nomination is off your chest. But I regret with those expeditors we now stand to lose the humor part.

God Bless All with winning streaks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2020
    iyerviji likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I assume this is the Finest Post nomination thread for October 2020. I am here to nominate the wonderful post of one of my favorite writers @Thyagarajan's thread Pit-man & I In A Date. I was excited to see him happily recalling the memories of his experience in learning shorthand. I will post my response to him soon in his thread. I am sure Vijiakka will enjoy reading this thread as well.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

Glad to see your first nomination. Congrats for being selected in the nomination committee. How do you know I will enjoy reading Thyagu bro's post

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Vijima, Rihana and Viswa for being selected to the nomination committee! Great idea, sirjee (CS)!

7. iyerviji

Thanks Satchi

satchitananda likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thanks a lot for setting the new ball rolling with your nomination of Pit-man & I In A Date by @Thyagarajan
    Thyagu is a seasoned writer who has evolved a style of his own. His postings always have an undercurrent of humor and this one is no exception.
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good summary, Thyagu. But you know what... I was thinking that rather than a long tenure, a few short tenures with some gaps, preferably long gaps, would be ideal. It would bring more variety in the nominations over all. Anyway, happy to be part of the initial steps of this new process.

Hmm... Cheeniya can correct me if needed.. What I understand is that members cannot officially second a nomination. For example, they will not be listed as the nominators of the post in the FP Index thread. But, they are welcome to comment on the nominations, acknowledge them and appreciate the flowery language : ) used to nominate...

A bigger loss, IMO, is that posts by Viji and Viswa cannot be nominated while they are serving the tenure. By the same token, my "Goodbye of Many things" snippet cannot be nominated. : ) I happened to observe that you commented there but not on the snippet. Point has been duly noted.
    God paint All with winning streaks. : )

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

After so many years of interaction in IL, how will I not know which one of the snippets will be liked by you?

Dear Satchi,

Thank you for your message.

Dear Rihana,

I have requested both Satchi and Cheeniya Sir to not accept the nomination of my snippets for a while now. But when I read your recent snippet, I was going to nominate and then realize that you are part of the nomination committee. I have no option but to write my comments in the snippet and be happy with it.

Rihana, Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.