1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother encourages discrimination in the family

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mimi77, May 31, 2013.

1. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Reminds of this Pugh cartoon:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Same thing happens in my house, maybe the situations and occasions are different. I can somehow bear with my mil, but the example she is setting for my bil and sil by favouring them more and criticizing us needlessly is very wrong. Indirectly, she is encouraging them to not respect us or our views and take us for granted. So better to take a stand silently and stick to it. No need to argue or ask, bcos that gives them a chance to manipulate us again and it will done in such a manner that we will feel guilty for troubling them.

2 people like this.
  3. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

My MIL totally discriminates between my husband and her daughter. Daughter is made to feel like the princess and her children are treated better than mine. Husband has been so used to it his whole life it does not bother him anymore. He does not say anything. Sad. I just pump up my husband and make him feel special.

1 person likes this.
  4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

These type of parents, dont know from where they learn these things.But this is how they rule.

5. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

This is an old (7-8 years ago) thread, not sure if OP active on this.

6. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

My motherinlaw too has her favourite child but its unpredictable. Among seven childen, six girls and one boy, boy is her most favourite, this is what she claims. Among girls, smallest one is her most favorite.
    Also it changes depending upon the situation. Sometimes a daughter who gift her more saree would be her favorite or sometime she would hate her if the daughter disagrees with her. Son he favorite only until he is fulfilling her financial needs.

She would call all daughters every evening and gossip about her own daughters, one to another.
    Her style of loving is also different depending upon kids.
    My husband being a single son he is too lonely. MIL SIL hate all our relatives. So no other relatives. Father in law passed away last year and SIL MIL are all about bitching each other and doesn't even spare us.
    Husband is been never shared any news or updates related to family.