1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Noise-noise

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Sep 15, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful way of silencing silence.
    Silence has its own sound and language. We do say 'pin drop silence' but here also there is a sound before the pin drops.
    In essence, silence is all within. They say one can be lonely in a crowd. One can feel silence in Noise. One can feel noisy even in a closed room.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Music is felt in between sounds & when decibel level exceeds certain value it turns out to be noise.

2. A glorious sixer or fine catch before or just over the boundary line gives raise to Mexican wave of spectators rising producing thunderous applause instantly produces noisy atmosphere but crazy sport lovers enjoy that moment. Droplets falling from a tank into a bucket below also produces that way music in between droplets.

3. Lion roars a villain roars instantly picked and enjoyed by the viewer.

4. Deepak Chopra says in his book “creating Affluence” if one relinquish the need for judging right or wrong, bad or good the chat of the mind reduces and one can access the silence gap .

5. There is a range outside of which humans can not hear while animals like dog, horse and birds can easily hear those distant sounds. That’s why dogs are included in teams which engage in extricating lives trapped under debris after an earthquake .

6. Low and very high frequency sounds known as infra and ultra sonics used in medical science and engineering and they can not be felt by humans.

7. The sound of thunder created fear among ancient men and they believed it must be worshipped.

8. Metal bells in temples, churches and a Big Ben tolls for a purpose. In our school days we loved the last bell from huge metal bell.

9. These sounds enjoyed or feared as it emanates. Fear too included here because in exams periodical metal bells during those days instilled a kind of fear. When crocodiles makes threat calls or lion roars the silence between is eerie.

10. In a circus a huge metal bell strikes at a particular hour when all animals expect their food. When the chief man of a circus in full view of spectators put his head into to the wide opened mouth of a huge lion. A horse in the yard outside the arena, moved out and lifted its strong long tail against the metal bell. The lion inside the circus took it for arrival of lunch hour and swallowed and devoured the head of Parasuram - the proprietor of circus company. The lion instantly enjoyed the metal bell that rang untimely!

11. With all these in mind, i see madam sister @jayasala42 has dealt with noise in all its ramifications and so the post stands nominated already deserves the prize and accolades of the month September 2020.

God Bless.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shri Thyagarajan,
    Actually you have elaborated and have given the clearest possible image for noise for which human beings have inherited a lust out of fear from jungle animals millions of years back.Though initially it was out of fear, later it accounted for so many research attributes.
    On reading your mail, my memory goes back to degree exam hall,especially to language pps where essays accounted for nearly 6 pages per question.We had to be mentally prepared to write 35 to 40 pages within three hrs.With this computer habit I doubt whether we can write even 10 pages now.
    Sorry for deviation.
    jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely true.
    jayasala42

HariLakhera likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

After re re-edit I now only I had seen your this response to mine.
    Thanks.
    Regards.
    God Bless.