1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

My Random Snapshots!

Discussion in 'Drawings / Sketchings / Photography' started by Mistt, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:#212 & 213
    Theme here is cloud.
    Very nicely captured and the aesthetics of viewing these two photos can be enhanced by holding the gadget in landscape mode.
    Clouds colour spread pattern type and altitude helps to gauge weather after few hours. At horizon if I dont see sheets of cloud it means clear sky and good circulation of air. If it is huge bundle of twisted ropes all across the sky- in China it is sign of oncoming tremor or quakes. I like watching cumulus nimbus patterns especially dusk time from my terrace.
    Thanks and regards.

Rihana and Mistt like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

7. Thyagarajan

:hello:A horticulturist delight - A rose is a Rose forever.
    A bud tender one
    A bud matured to blossom
    A fully blossomed rose
    With around sixty nicely shaped petals of Rose
    One worn on Nehru's heart
    One on my beloved's head
    And one between thumb and index
    a Lover genuflect
    Offer to his fiancee
    All these thoughts triggered by
    @misst captured rose

iyerviji, Rihana and Mistt like this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I just smiled while reading your thoughts, But you forgot the rose which we offer to God/goddess. Anyways, thank you Sir for your comments.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello::hello:reading my little attempted verse launched you into smile. Thanks madam. I have a vicarious scene that I was in class room where drawing master drawn the rose on white board; and class was asked to write something about it. All kids wrote something or the other.

In my note book she had seen the above poem and kept smiling....

ROSE in terms of story telling always triggers me to my past writings as in the link below:

Meenakshi Vs. Ross Peter & Hid White Stallion

How I wish I had added a couple of lines about offering to lord the beautiful pinkish and
    ROSE on its stalk with few leaves its profile reminding edges of a saw!

Every Tuesday and Friday a lady at our door step leave a bag of flowers with plenty of Rose's in pink & red & white and bloodred and that preserved in and from fridge over a week daily we offer to numerous deities in our pooja corner.

Rose in black- a hybrid variety - I spotted in the Mughal gardens of official resience of President of India in the capital New Delhi during Aug 1978.

It was a delight to see a huge column of Rose's in several shades and sizes.
    Rose remains a key feature of the Mughal Gardens even today. The Gardens boasts of growing 159 celebrated varieties of roses which blossom primarily in the month of February and March.

They include, Adora, Mrinalini, Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, Modern Art, Scentimental, Oklahoma (also called black rose), Belami, Black Lady, Paradise, Blue MoonandLady X.

The Mughal Gardens also include roses named after people of national and international fame such as Mother Teresa, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Mr. Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Jawahar, Queen Elizabeth, Christian Dior amongst others. Arjun and Bhim, from the Mahabharata, also find place in the presidential palace.

Thanks for the pointer. Looking forward to your capturing more flowers as they blossom in various stages at your courtyard.
    Regards.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Mistt likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:@Rihana
    The thread for nomination reported closed at 3 pm IST.
    I PEEPED IN THERE for your additional notes on those & verse but to no avail.

So here I come but it can not be expected as it could be few hours before morning or dawn in your geography. Let me exercise patience. Om Shanthi om Shanthi ....
    Regards.