1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amrutha, Anjali & Ayyappan - Could Almighty Plan Their Marital Status?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Feb 10, 2018.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Heart touching story. Marriage is a matter of luck . Amrutha did what is best for her baby- that is a mother's love. Life is not perfect. They came up with a solution which just worked out for the good of everyone.

After such a tragedy, one doesn't have option to expect anything good out of life- that is what is heart breaking. Life can be such a tragedy we may expect the best out of life- but in the end we have to live with some realities. But if people have love, humility and understanding, they can build a good life out of that.

Still I do feel her husband should not have married Anjali, A woman would never do that to her paralysed husband- she will find some solution. If husband is absent , a woman tries to become both mother and father to her kid.She also takes help of her mother to raise her kid. But opposite case, if wife is unable, husband feels it is utmost necessary to bring a new mother for the kid as soon as possible . In this case, some other compromise could have been done I feel. But I understand that things were very different for women even 30 years ago so we should not blame . Society only encouraged men to get remarried, and in this case his own wife. But I feel marriage is a sacred bond, one should treat with utmost respect and sanctity - not just get remarried in such a situation.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    messedup and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@nakshatra1
    Thank you from bottom of my heart.
    2. I read the thread again and thought of one of my seven bosom friends Ram. Ram & I are Friends from our college days 1961 onwards.
    Regards.

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Life is too bittersweet , but it is friendship which makes life worthwhile. When most other relationships are give and take, friendship brings warmth to our heart and our memories.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:That is epitome of friendship. Well said.
    Thank you sister.
    Regards.

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:@Viswamitra
    A like from a veteran like you for this anecdote is a treasure.
    Thank you.
    Regards.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan,

I read your snippet and was going to give a response but was tied up in something else. I just wanted to acknowledge that I read this snippet of yours. At a young age, I have experienced a friend of mine who was a fellow Chartered Accountant losing his wife leaving behind a young daughter who was 3 years old at that time. His wife's sister who was raising the child eventually married her brother-in-law.

Incidentally, I had been to Thirumanancheri after our marriage. What a place to visit! Very powerful Goddess. There is also a Kalyana Perumal in ECR Road, Chennai which people believe arranges marriage for those who seek to be in a wedlock.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello::hello:
    This not happened in few cases I come across and the persons who finished with certain rituals and formalities long long ago have not been blessed with wedlock or marriage.
    Marriages are fixed up in heaven they say. But divorces are arranged by lawyers. God, it seems doesn’t like to intervene. But those wish to be separated but law takes its own course , the future of the affected part or parties turns into a question mark.
    Thanks and Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:I found the highlighted version of my post and expanded it thinking that your comments hidden in it. But alas I do not find any!
    Anyways thanks that you had awarded a LIKE here evidencing you had read the anecdote & other’s feedback.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

10. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I did give my comments, and thought it was uploaded! only now realised after pointing out that it is missed:)
    Made a very poignant story. The situation was somewhat common in those days where the bereaved bridegroom was immediately given a suitable partner. Although the marriage happened, both the sisters could not have been wholly happy but adjusted to the situation. However it is heartening to see that they went on to have a good family bonding with children and grand children too. Thanks for referring the post to me. Your narration made it all the more interesting.

Thyagarajan likes this.