1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Options To Eat Out

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ProudIndian, Sep 22, 2020.

1. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

If you want to choose healthy while traveling where do you eat in USA? Any fast food chains or any particular regional food you opt? If you are diet and health cautious what are options? I go chipotle sometimes or salads in any restaurants but bored now. Want to know more options.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Sweetgreen and Cava are my favorites.

Archanaanchan and ProudIndian like this.
  3. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

I haven’t see these in my area.
    I also want to know what dishes to choose if Indian or Thai restaurants because taste is familiar and I know food. I am little scared to go any other regional like Chinese restaurants or Vietnam because I don’t know ingredients. I am ok with white meat but prefer veg.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Vietnamese restaurants have delicious fresh spring rolls made with rice paper (not deep fried). They usually have shrimps in them but you can ask for only vegetables or with tofu. They also have sizzling rice crepes that are somewhat like dosa. They typically come with pork filling but you can ask if they make it without.
    Another option is look for a ramen place. There are usually plenty of options there.
    In Thai restaurants choose something that is stir fried or a salad. Any coconut-based curry or noodle dish tends to have a lot of fat.

ProudIndian likes this.
  5. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

You can't eat that healthy when you are traveling :grinning:, depends on what you think is "healthy". Subway, taco bell, quiznos can also have healthy options - if you ask them to take out the diary components. Any mexican place too should have healthy options (since you are okay with meat). As mentioned, it all depends on what is healthy according to you. There are also chains like Sweet Tomatoes where you can get salads and soups in addition to other kinds of food. Generally, remote areas are expensive, but can have good options too, especially if vegetarianism is not a concern. In highly populated/urban places too, depending on what part of USA are you going to, you should still find inexpensive and healthy food options.

startinganew and ProudIndian like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I like Mediterranean restaurants. They usually have lots of salad varieties, hummus etc. It’s a boon if you are a vegetarian!
    Even Thai or Vietnamese is good.
    We also search if there is any Indian restaurant nearby if it’s a long trip as nothing replaces Indian food....

Olive Garden is also good for unlimited Ceasers salad and Minestrone soup. They also have Zoodles pasta

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020