1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Irritating Me So Much

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Needtobestrong, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

The simplest advice I can give is to ignore her. Be busy in your own life and stay happy.

Next time she comments on your weight, tell her your husband prefers you that way. Tell her men prefer all that and smile. Hope that helps her.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Consider her as a TV , always producing some sound. Are you going to get affected by TV. If she talk negative, think about TV, give a sarcastic smile ignore her to the core and avoid talking or interacting with her as if she don't exist or you are deaf.

Another way is to face head on,but that can make it worse. If she comments on your body, tell her you/dh like it that way. If she talk about her performance as DIL when young, you can tell her, yeah, I should ask your MIL to know the truth. Just have an attitude like, this is what I can do, if you want better, do it yourself. Take it or leave.

Just do your normal things. If she do good, treat better. Then hope that she gets the message. You can't change her at this age. Focus on your life, find ways to make it better and enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    shravs3 and Needtobestrong like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ladies for sympathetic replies...I struggle a Lot to stay calm and avoid conflict..
    She has this habit of comparing me with other ladies of our family circle of my age group I.e daughters and DILs of our immediate and extended family circle...
    But fact is I’m much more traditional and obedient and cordial with in-laws compared to them..also I’m doing much more chores compared to them..
    Even beforehand Covid I only basic maid for basic cleaning work and I have been burdened with chores...now no maid de to covid...no appreciation for the work I do...
    They are much more modern and don’t live with In laws and enjoying life...all of them are having full time maids and cooks and outsourcing their household works and enjoying life..most of them are working and financially independent so they have some kind of escape and freedom from in laws...
    It’s very unfair to compare with them...they’re good in their way and I’m good in my way..
    It pisses me off...
    She always boasts about the amount of household and cooking she did at my age...and it seems she never asked her husband I.e FIL to do any in helping her..she used to do everything on her own without maid...she is telling that these days ladies I.e especially me not ready to do work and always again husband for help...
    These two thing really irritate me..

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

You can jokingly start comparing other MIL’s who are good to their DIL’s and who doesn’t interfere much in their lives.

SCA and Needtobestrong like this.