1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Living In The Present

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Sep 20, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

LIVING IN THE PRESENT

We have heard of this phrase many a times. Past is gone, Future is yet to come, live in the Present.
    Covid -19 pandemic has changed the whole dynamics.

Who wants to live in the present? A Present devoid of human company has no meaning. A present constantly reminding of the past has no value. A Present making so uncertain about Future is killing.

Cramped in a room or house which can be called home, facing the faces every now and then, nothing else to talk but Covid, children getting restless, seniors getting depressed and lonely cannot be called Present. In comparison the past was better and the Future will certainly be not as bad.

In this Present do what? Yoga? Meditation?

In this Present, learn what? Cooking? New recipe?

In this Present give what? Lectures on how to coupe with it?

I am sure, when all this is over and a new Present takes over, many stories of forced confinements will be spoken and written.

One thing however, will be certain, never say again ‘Live in the Present’ !!!!

joylokhi and iyerviji like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Very true. Everyone is waiting for the past days to come back. People who are well off and staying in luxurious house are struggling as they have no maids a
    Very true. All are waiting for the past days to come back. People staying in big houses are not able to cope up with the work.as they have no maid and they are not used to house work. Many have no jobs.

Let us pray to.God to make us live in the present like before.

Dont forget to give reply to my feedback as sometimes you are forgetting

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:This is not present. It is present continuous that stretches from yesterday to tomorrow and beyond. Strictly speaking there is no present past future as time constantly flows.

Philosopher Jithu Krishnamurthy said, today is continuation of yesterday and tomorrow will be continuation of today. Did he mean pandemic?

The grapevines are glad to announce that still more very powerful virus in the offing around x mas that would stay with the world until March 2021 - roughly 108 days.

Some celeb said this moment is called present because it is God Almighty’s gift to you. Oh my god.....

Thanks and Regards.

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

Yes let us pray to Gods. !!!!
    A good reprimand fro a sis!!! I love it.
    "Dont forget to give reply to my feedback as sometimes you are forgetting[/QUOTE]"
    Trust me Sis, I try to like, and or reply every feedback on my snippets. May some slips here and there. !!!!!!
    Take care.

5. HariLakhera

This pandemic has rather forced many to dig into history of last pandemic 1928-20 and the post economic book after that. Humans are strong enough to bounce back and a few deaths, miseries and inconveniences do not matter in the long run.
    The moot question will still be, never never again a present of this type.
    And as you quoted Judu Krishnamurthy, there is no present. There is only yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Thyagarajan likes this.