1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Morning......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Sep 13, 2020.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    I am quite long long l.....o.....n....g away from you both by distance and age. No yoga, no walking due to breathlessness as walking in side the 1200sq.feet house itself I feel too much. Nearing eight and half decades and continuing house hold work like cooking, Cutting vegetables, drawing Kolam daily at threshold and puja room, and doing puja takes much more time than before. After a long time with much difficulty I logged into IL as I forgot the password and had to Set a new password.Diminishing memory due to old age is another problem. Thought at least once in a while peep in IL and read posts from old friends who are still in IL.

Srama and Afresh like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS Ma'm,

The first thought that came to my mind reading you is karma yoga! I am truly fortunate that you chose to write to me. Thank you. You know I look upto you and admire elders like yourself so much. Even if you feel all that you do takes so much time, I am still awed.

You know one thing I do miss from India is certainly doing the daily kolam. You have no idea how much I love that! I do make one for all festivals though!

I truly appreciate you logging on to IL - unfortunately I am not as regular as well but when there is an urge to write, it is only IL that comes to mind and when well wishers like you resond, it makes it all worth while.

Reagrds and thank you so much!

Afresh likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Awesome post and only you can write so well about nature. Mornings are always fresh and I feel energetic to do anything. I finish my cooking by 7.45 am and then do pooja. By 9.30 am my work is over.

nuss and Srama like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijaya aunty,

I salute your enthusiasm. If I dint have to step out of the house, I wonder if I could be that disciplined, though I am learning i can be when I had to work from home.

Thank you for your response and words of appreciation aunty.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Such a beautiful write up! It transported me to the beautiful park! It has been several weeks of smoky skies here on the west coast and this snippet just gave me hope that the skies will be blue again!
    Thank you for bringing a big smile on my face!

Srama likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @nuss,

Skies will indeed be blue again! It is indeed heart breaking reading about all those fires and seeing the pictures of the smoky skies from friends. Not to make it sound worse, yesterday I read an article on mass death of migratory birds because of the same fires! There are days and moment when I too fell 'how much more?'and long for ......you know what and then I realize all I can do is take a moment, take a deep breath and learn to impact my immdeiate surroundings and people especially my students, taking strength from what I have around me.

Thank you for your warm feedback.