Anyone Working As Content Writer?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by generic, Aug 18, 2020.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I have previous work experience in IT...I worked as developer earlier, also in support type of projects.
    I also have brief experience as a tester.
    Due to personal reasons and office politics I left the job.
    I got 2 more job offers but they didn’t come through due to Covid crisis...the offers got cancelled..and I can’t step out for job or interview so now due to personal health and Covid problem in my city.
    I’ve taken a decision to resume job from next year after Covid situation is better...
    I’m not interested in working as a developer ( I have worked with Java, JavaScript, oracle,sql, .Net, unix, web development and few proprietary licensed tools of my organisation).
    I’ve not been paid well in my previous organisation, work pressure is more and finding it too demanding to work on advanced level codings with tight deadlines. Development isn’t not my thing. Support work is not good as they give customer care kind of work and make us to work night shift.
    I’m finding this role too stressful and I’m unable to keep up with technology and stress affects my health.
    I’m very interested in content writing as I have interest and flair in writing. I have done a very brief assignment in documentation work in my previous job and I kind of liked it.
    IT ladies, can you please clarify on below points ( I’m living in INDIA)
    *When is IT hiring expected to resume as right now due to Covid situation economy is down.?By next year atleast? I’m not in a position to attend interviews now.
    *What Is the salary package for content writers and technical writers in India. Freshers and experienced?salary not a constraint, even if less I’m ok if I enjoy the work.
    I’m realistic about the fact that they may consider me as fresher but it’s ok. Anyway I was not getting paid well as a developer.
    * Is it an advantage of we have prior knowledge of technologies even if we are new to content writing field? Like, will recruiters want to hire person who has earlier industry experience?
    * Is the work pressure less and is there flexibility and job satisfaction in contact writing?
    * What are the skills required for a content writer?( ive some basic knowledge but don’t know how to develop it ) does content writer need to know digital marketing and technical writing too?

I personally don’t know anyone in this field..all my colleagues and ex colleagues are in development or similar role only..

Pls pls advice me...anyone working or worked in technical or content writing or digital marketing field.?( I’m not looking for an immediate job but after few months )

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

SO many views and no replies??
    Can anyone please help

3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Check Enago. They may have opportunities..Also some online courses in content writing also will help you to decide. Course era or similar educational sites will have more info

generic likes this.
  4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I do Content writing on a consulting basis. If you don't have any experience prior at the earlier stages you can get around 6k per month only..
    You can try registering in sites such as freelancer. Flexibees also has excellent feedback.

generic likes this.
  5. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

I saw a job opening in the indus ladies website. Why don’t you apply here?

Check the job opening section. All the best!!

generic likes this.
  6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite