Doing Pooja On 5th Day?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by EagerForInfo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I know we can do pooja on 5th day of periods after head bath. But now I'm having heavy periods till 8th day. Just curious can we still do pooja on 5th day? I'm asking cause we have ganesh chaturdi coming up. I usually don't miss it.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Ask your elders if you have any specific family customs. In my family several female relatives used to have heavy/extended periods but they would resume everything after the fourth-day head bath.

3. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

I belong to a modern yet ritualistic brahmin family. We are allowed to participate in poojas after having a head bath on the 4th day. It is necessary to apply oil on the head before the bath. And apply some turmeric on the crown after the head bath, and put water again. And we need to practice "madi" after that, so we can't touch our bed etc. till we do pooja.
    I would say it depends on family to family. You can ask your elders and do as they say.

4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Too bad I got my periods late so itll be 3 rd day. Now my question is hoe about giving bath for little ones during this time. Husband is not helping. Ive heard vinayaka chaviti rules are strict. So can I at least give bath to kids for pooja.

5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

By husband is not helping I mean he is doing all pooja related things hes not helping with kids bath saying should he do everything