Is It Really "success" When "morals" Are Compromised?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Aug 8, 2020.

1. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @anika987. At first it was shocking to have come across such people....but as you come across more and more of such people, you become accustomed, start accepting(maybe even wonder if this is the new normal) and move on. we should learn to travel in parallel without compromise.

anika987 likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:

Hard work understood by whom. Only by the man who does or carries out the job. Only the executioner knows how hard he works. Others I mean seniors or call them superiors may turn a blind eye and even coworker may be waiting there to make believe it was his work. Goals may not be achieved by merely doing just hard work.

Only smart work land one with goals and golds. Among sprinters, top man the successful man stood on the podium enjoyed the standing ovation of the moment but never proved he took banned steroid drugs for enhancing performance. His success is with him worth the medals.

Man right through smartly copied travel with answer papers and finally got degree or doctorate. TamilNadu public Service Commission examination conducted annual written exams and ranked the results and top rangers selected for filling the available vacancies. After a decade now only they found there was an agent for getting the candidate within the rank and the nexus between officials and agent(s). But those who by fowl methods secured the pensionable job got the permanency qualifying for pension. Smart workers.

Hardship is caused by external sources.
    Hard work is doing the allotted or assigned work blindly Without thinking about how improvements can be made to the process of doing.

A man initially found efficient in cutting wood in the forest. But with says passing p, his productivity diminished. Eventually he was sacked.

He brooded and found he forgot to sharpen the axe that resulted in losing the job. Hardly working fellows are ascending the throne because they work smartly by outsourcing or by delegating etc.

There it is in every industry. A junior suggest something. His boss project to his authorities that idea as if it has originated in his head. When new idea successfully implemented and productivity improved boss gets all the accolades and elevation in rank etc. He is happy with this worthy success.

Only third persons like me judge whether that kind of success is worthy or unworthy. But boss is happy and might even recommend the man who gave the suggestion with token hike in emoluments or even transfer with promotion.

This is answered above.

I understand this model career requires lot of compromise.but then daring one’s ...

It is said success comes before work only in dictionary. But success do come for few through God father, contacts and smart working.

GOD - Huge temples, churches, mosques & synagogues are constructed by masons overseen by Kings, Emperors etc but do you keep them all on same pedestal. It is said Shahjahan cut thumbs of masons and other workers so that another Taj Mahal like Burial ground never built.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

To be honest, she is a failure in her modeling career, though she may be successful in wherever she is today.
    I remember the early days of my career with United Nations back in 2005-2008.
    There were so much bullying, back stabbing, discrimination based on my identity, especially my Asian race and what not.
    There were some short cuts, that were presented by my then colleagues as the path to success... But they were nothing, but serious moral compromises.

I couldn't do that because i know i can't be happy & proud about my choice had i chose the wrong path. So, I waited and chose the difficult, yet the correct path towards success.

It took me several years, with hard & smart work to achieve what i have achieved in life. Looking back, I can sense all the struggles that i went through to get in there, but i only feel happy & proud about myself that I've gotten them right.

Those who chose the short cut had a very short lived career, though they reached the heights quickly. What's the point????

So, the point is.... It is very common in every places that there are crooked people with no morals.
    Apparently they reach success & fame quickly & easily than others!
    But it doesn't mean they are the only ones that reaches success in life.
    Hard work & smart work will always reward success no matter what.
    Some people easily get tired and give up half way through. Though they are talented, their lack of courage & enthu make them a failure. Where as others with moderate skills, but diligent work & smart ideas tastes success bcz that's the mantra behind it

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  4. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I didn't read your earlier post, but I agree with you, one should not resort to short cuts in life, also, they should not give up their efforts looking at somebody's so called success. Of what use is the success that earns the person no respect from others or self-respect, but makes them open to everyone's jealousy and judgement?

5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

interesting thread :)

this is a thin line, in my opinion. if things are going our way , it is success . if not , then moral issues are mentioned. not here to offend anyone.

IT jobs, offshoring, took away 100s of jobs from the people who could not upgrade, from their view, it was immoral of the company to make money. same thing the person getting work, it is all good . now he got work, made money wants to travel onsite to enjoy the better life, so competes. there is always some loser in this.

a wife works hard day and night , helps spouse, spouse still finds faults. and even has a affair. from spouse side he is success and it can be reverse too. wife it is failure .

parents messing up their kids lives by find a groom who has issues and now kid is ruined for life , but from parent view, they got a obedient son/ daughter.

i am not sure what is the right answer, one can be kind to other but need to put his / her life / emotions , growth first to avoid hurt , i feel.

sarvantaryamini likes this.