Finest Posts - Nominations For August 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rarely used gadgets retain their sheen for a long, long time. But our brain is not a gadget. It retains its sharpness only if we use it constantly. Thanks to the loathsome Corona, my brain has been given too much rest. And I am facing the disastrous consequences. I now can't even spell a simple word like rendezvous.

So it is all the more necessary that you keep on writing to your heart's content. Our sleauths will pick up the best of all the posts and nominate them here. You may be the chosen one finally!

Calling our nominating experts! Your time starts now!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only. This will not include your seconding of a nomination. In other words, only your primary nominations will be accounted towards the permitted four nominations.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for opening the nomination account with the nomination of @jayasala42 's Virtual World-is It That Bad?
    I am always amazed by the range of topics that jayasala madam can deal with such consummate ease. This post is not an easy one to deal with though several views are being voiced about this topic. Real versus virtual is a question that has come to stay. We tend to be closer to our virtual friends than the real ones for obvious reasons.
    A good post Viji. I look forward to the remaining nominations from you.
    Sri

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am here to nominated @Rihana's Pathetic Woman Buying Flowers For Herself. Every married man knows that he needs to go back home with the flowers if he had forgotten an important event in his married life. I even wrote a snippet sometime back about inventing a machine that would read the mind and measure the mood of the wife when every man gets home.

Suggestions for Valentine's day gift

Here Rihana nicely articulated about her buying flowers on her own to her satisfaction and how it is perceived by others in the line.

Why such a simple desire should be looked down upon by others? She is buying it out of her hard-earned money and for her own happiness and what others have to do with it?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. iyerviji

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

My second nomination for the month of August is This Is The Point. written by @HariLakhera. He presents great concepts in a simple snippet. The concept of Nethi Nethi is explained in a simple write up by Hari Sir. He may be a tough competition for many present-day saints, if he were to be in that field.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

iyerviji likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thank you, Dear Viswa, for nominating my snippet. I do agree it is not a fav subject and discussions may go on expected lines but your nomination is worth the trouble. I have no plan to compete in the field reserved for Saints and land into some jail. hahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
  10. iyerviji

Thyagarajan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.