Sri Raghavendrar Pooja for getting solutions for all your problems in your life

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nsairam, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Qtbhar

Qtbhar New IL'ite

namastey jii.....

I have some doubts regarding pooja, so please clarify me with your suggestions.

1. I would like to know what type coconut(whether green color or normal (brown colour) coconut that we take to temple) we have to keep for swamy.

2. If I start my pooja on Monday morning when should I end my pooja (for 3 days sankalpam) like Wednesday morning should I end or wednesday evening.

3. Can I place swamy photo on a new towel or cloth(that is not used) if I dont have any wooden stand at home.

4. Should we use kalisham(as we do for varalakshmi vratam) for swamy or just place coconut in front of swamy photo.

5. Can we move swamy photo after completion of pooja on a particular day, or we have to leave the photo for 3 days in the same place(without moving).

6. Should we have to do sankalpa on first day only or we have to do sankalpa for 3 days continuously.

7. May I know the difference between Sankalpa of Seva and Pooja sankalpa .

8. Can we do atma prdhakshana(ourselves) if we have no enough place to do pradhakshana around swamy photo, or pradhakshana around swamy photo is must.

9.If we place coconut on the first day near to swamy photo, should we break that coconut on the last day of our 3 days sankalpa(evening) after harathi, before the pooja is closed.

10. Should we break the coconut in front of swamy only near the photo.

11. Can we put turmeric and kunkumma to coconut that we offer to swamy.

12. During these sankalpa days can we have bread or bun as breakfast or dinner, as we have to do fasting.

2. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Qtbhar,

Please find below my replies in blue color for your queries.

1. I would like to know what type coconut(whether green color or normal (brown colour) coconut that we take to temple) we have to keep for swamy.
    normal (brown colour)

2. If I start my pooja on Monday morning when should I end my pooja (for 3 days sankalpam) like Wednesday morning should I end or wednesday evening.
    Wednesday Morning

3. Can I place swamy photo on a new towel or cloth(that is not used) if I dont have any wooden stand at home.
    Find any other equivalent thing with respect to wooden stand so that Swami sits on top and all the other things are below to Him.

4. Should we use kalisham(as we do for varalakshmi vratam) for swamy or just place coconut in front of swamy photo.
    Just placing coconut in front of swamy photo is enough.

5. Can we move swamy photo after completion of pooja on a particular day, or we have to leave the photo for 3 days in the same place(without moving).
    Leave the photo for 3 days in the same place(without moving).

6. Should we have to do sankalpa on first day only or we have to do sankalpa for 3 days continuously.
    It would be better to do sankalpa for 3 days continuously. It is your wish.

7. May I know the difference between Sankalpa of Seva and Pooja sankalpa .
    Sorry. Please contact some religious elderly people regarding this who can explain you better.

8. Can we do atma prdhakshana(ourselves) if we have no enough place to do pradhakshana around swamy photo, or pradhakshana around swamy photo is must.
    Doing pradhakshana around swamy photo is the procedure of this pooja.

9.If we place coconut on the first day near to swamy photo, should we break that coconut on the last day of our 3 days sankalpa(evening) after harathi, before the pooja is closed.
    Keep fresh coconut on each day of pooja and break it that day itself before araathi is done. On the last day, you can use the coconut that is broken for making prasad to Swami and keep as neivedyam to Him.

10. Should we break the coconut in front of swamy only near the photo.
    Not necessarily near the photo.

11. Can we put turmeric and kunkumma to coconut that we offer to swamy.
    Nothing wrong in putting turmeric and kunkumma to coconut that we offer to swamy

12. During these sankalpa days can we have bread or bun as breakfast or dinner, as we have to do fasting.Fasting indicates non taking of food. If not able to do fasting, just take very light food. Remember our health is very important. then only we can concentrate on anything we do. Dont let you suffer if you are not able to do fasting.

Om Sri Raghavendraya Namaah

cheers
    Sairam

3. Qtbhar

Qtbhar New IL'ite

Can we do pooja early in morning ie, morning from 4:00 to 6:00. Or we have to do
    pooja after 6:00 only in the morning.

What is the correct time to do pooja in the evening.

May I know what are the best timings in the morning and evening to start and
    end the pooja with harathi.

4. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Qtbhar,

Doing pooja any time between 4 am to 6:30 am is good.

For evening pooja, after sunset, say 5 pm or 6 pm it will be better.

cheers
    sairam

5. Qtbhar

Qtbhar New IL'ite

Should we put Akshintalu ( mixture of rice and turmeric
    ( for ex: which are used for ashirwad )) to swami photo and on coconut
    while doing pooja.

6. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Qtbhar,

After doing Pradakshanam, you can put Akshintalu. It is your wish to put on photo as well as coconut.

cheers
    Sairam

7. Qtbhar

Qtbhar New IL'ite

Okay.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I will feel free to ask doubts in future if needed.
    Thankyou jii.

8. Qtbhar

Qtbhar New IL'ite

I have doubt please suggest me
    --> Are there any differences with days to start and end pooja seva for swamy
    like there are some days such as Astami, navami, Amavasya....can we do pooja
    with these days (starting and ending days) can we include these days.Can we do
    pooja before amavasya say 5 days before amavasya.
    ---> There are surya grahana and chandra graha can we perform pooja on those days.
    --> Can we wear slippers while going out ( If we have work outside or to office...etc)
    --> Should we do mouna vrata( without talking for 3 sankalapa days)
    -->During Festival time such as for example- vinayaka chaviti, dasara, ....etc,
    can we start, end, include these days pooja. Or we have to show the importance
    for those particular days only to particular day special festival pooja
    without performing pooja seva to swamy.

9. Qtbhar

Qtbhar New IL'ite

Can we do as usual work at home and outside after performing pooja at particular
    day ( morning and evening) during sankalpa seva pooja.

10. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

havent seen this thread all the while.
    Is the fast supposed to be done on day 3 also?