1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Severe Infection In Underarms

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by shravs3, Aug 4, 2020.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Few days ago I shaved my underarms. After few hours I felt little discomfort. When I woke up the next day I had a huge bump. It’s highly inflamed and damn painful :coldsweat:
    So far I have been doing zillion things like warmcompress, neosporin, Ibuprofen ,turmeric and honey mixture, castor oil etc
    Doctor prescribed antibiotics but the pain is unbearable and maybe it needs some time to work.

How do you deal with it?? It’s so painful and I can’t do much work because of this :coldsweat:
    Is the incision and drainage the only solution?
    Any tips appreciated!

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Was the razor used new ? If new Then may be less chances of infection, but it could be inflammation . Try coconut oil

shravs3 likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

If its not going away within one or two weeks or if you have fever or severe pain, it's better to drain it ( make sure surgeon is an expert or seek second opinion). Do you feel abscess? If so, most probably it may be infection of hair follicle/ gland. Please consult your doctor. Good that you have started antibiotics. I wish it heal by itself continue natural remedies. Hope you feel better soon

shravs3 likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

It’s an old one :confounded:

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @DDream. Yes it’s an abcess. Doctor said it’s still not too soft to drain it so he gave me antibiotics.
    Today I dint take ibuprofen so the pain is unbearable.

6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi shravs3 sorry you are going through this. I had a very bad nail infection some time back. I couldnt bear the pain of the pus removal so they gave me anesthesia around the finger and it was the best decision ever. You may ask your doctor to give you anesthesia before removing the abscess. Hope your problem gets resolved soon.

shravs3 likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @stayblessed. Doctor has asked me to take antibiotics first and then decide based on the progress. They usually give local anaesthesia before draining it. But heard that itself is very painful :anguished:

stayblessed likes this.
  8. Divyasaravanan

Divyasaravanan Silver IL'ite

Trust me, when they drain it off all the pain will fade away in just few minutes. The pain you are experiencing right now is due to the pressure of the abcess trying to build up in that small bump, once its released free you'll become pain free within minutes. I've a long experience in this and once inflammation happened inside the skin and it was way too scary and I am still going for routine ultra sound to monitor that. Old or new, never use a razor in that area, its very sensitive. Use a trimmer or any hair removal cream.

shravs3 likes this.
  9. Divyasaravanan

Divyasaravanan Silver IL'ite

Dont worry, local anesthesia is not as painful as pain you are undergoing right now with that irritable bump :) it just takes a min for injecting local anesthesia and you'll not feel any pain after that. I wish there is some treatment to prevent this from happening :( I am prone to this and always suffer from this issue atleast once or twice a year. Only thing doctor suggested is never to use razor and always keep the area dry.

shravs3 likes this.
  10. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Take the full course for antibiotics. Whether or not the procedure is done, the infection should go away. Next time, just go for waxing. Even using hair removal cream, I would not advise that. I am telling because I tried once and it burnt real bad. You can get a proper women's razor for under 15$ in walgreens or any such stores. I used anne french long back (more than a decade back) and it was fine, but the local one was very bad on that area. If you ever stay in India for 6+ months, go for laser hair removal. There are many locally in US, but they don't provide proper service, they treat prospective clients (especially some communities) like guinea pigs.

shravs3 likes this.