1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Maintain Your "sanity" At This Time?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by anika987, Jul 27, 2020.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

My DH and I started going for a run in the morning on an alternate day and on my non-run days I do Yoga! We get up at 5:00 AM and before kids are up (around 7 AM), we have enough time to recharge. We also kept our cleaning lady throughout the lockdown (we don't have too many cases in town).

We cook once a day and for breakfast kids and I bake quite a lot. Simple healthy one-pot meals and soups make most of our meals.

Being active, fresh morning air, etc., has helped a lot!

MaruthiRao and anika987 like this.
  2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

We are keeping min 6 ft distance while our cleaning lady is working. In fact we are never in same room. I keep AC high so she should not feel hot or suffocated. People are going in offices now for long time. In my office also people are sitting in skipping one cubicles. Cases are increasing because of people not following guidelines and not taking COVID seriously at all. I see lot of people doing parties, vacations, going to beaches parks indoor restaurants etc. It’s better than that.
    Also my cleaning lady was working only at my friends houses and no one is calling her. She asked me many times so I started calling her now. It made me so much relaxed.
    for homemakers I would suggest take long drive to some places on weekends, if possible in weekdays also sit near greenery (not crowded place), watch scenic beauty, walk in morning or any time possible, meditate more, breathing exercises help lot.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    sarvantaryamini and anika987 like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

If you’re confident and ready to take risk it’s ok to keep cleaning lady...I’m in India, I had temporarily kept a maid for few weeks when situation was somewhat under control in my locality, but it was not a good experience at all...our home is not so big that we can maintain social distance of 6 ft..even 1 foot social distance is tough as she would move very quickly to do the sweeping am doing mopping work...here maids are not very compliant with CoVID safety rules, she did not wash her hands properly with soap, would try to skip this unless I insisted..she would remove her mask in between or it would fall off below her nose and chin whenever she was bending down to clean floor...my in-laws would keep walking from one room to other room for something or the order and had almost bumped into her when she was doing her work....I also came to know she has obtained employment in a neighbourhood with a few confirmed Covid cases. Hence I stopped her....though my health isn’t all that good, still I’m unable to keep cleaning lady due to increased corona cases in my locality ...very very tough to maintain sanity..

anika987 likes this.