1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Nose Blocked Everyday: Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Sweety2019, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have an issue where I always have nose block during the cold season. And that hinders normal life and sleep. The nose is blocked due to inflammation and mucus. The issue persists during the day and night. Visited all doctors and had tablets.

If anyone knows any remedy for nose block please please let me know.

Thank you

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.

2. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Take a lot of vitamin C and appropriate dosage of vitamin B. Are you sure it's cold? Or is it allergy? If it is allergy, try a neti pot. I had a severe sneeze fit sometime back. After trying two brands of anti-allergens and natural remedies, and suffering for almost 2 months, I used neti pot for sinus cleaning + humidifier for 10 days and it helped a lot. I continued the humidifier for some more time just to avoid recurrence. You might want to be careful with humidifier though, if you don't clean the water from the steam on the windows, you may have mold problem in the bedroom. You have clean the windows regularly in the morning and even keep the windows open for around 1/2 hr.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I use a Neilmed saline sinus rinse regularly and it helps greatly with nasal congestion. I use distilled water as tap water can sometimes cause infection. Also make sure your HVAC filter is changed regularly.

Sweety2019 and blindpup10 like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Heating ventilation air conditioning could be a source of nose block often for long duration or intermittent clogging of nose. Be away from your home and offive for long hours and then notice nostrils free of blocks breathe better.

Ensure weekly or fortnightly cleaning of air filters/ screens and ceiling fans wiped off dirt and muck. Sweeping floors with broom must be done with face mask on.
    Steam inhalation as often as possible but more particularly after long hours in AC like overnight sleep is highly recommended.
    These suggestion are applicable to all coordinates and more so to Bangaluru.
    Regards.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  5. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

It could be allergy. I am allergic to onion and I didnt know this in the beginning. I would sneeze and then my nose is closed and cant breathe. Whenever I comein from outside or there is a change in temperature I would sneeze and have clear runny nose. Worst case sinus. This is worse in cold climate. I do steam inhalation whenever I have these problems. Usually it is irritation to something that causes the nose to do that. Doing some kind of cardio helps a lot.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  6. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

Hi, I had the same problem. Took homeopathy and allopathy treatment. Do plain water steaming everyday. It helps a lot. At night time, leave the door open. Closing all the doors and windows also increases the nasal block. Using a humidifier helps a lot. I dont remember getting nasal block after I started using it.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  7. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I used to have this problem earlier.For me it was due to the dry air in the bedroom..used humidifier and during summer,I open window little bit to have fresh air. Everyday steaming for 5 mins helped me.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Apart from the above suggestions, do alternate nostril breathing. Initially you may find it difficult to do it, but it will give you longlasting lung health. Start with 3 or 5 times.

drdiva and Sweety2019 like this.
  9. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Hi thank you all for all the great suggestions
    @sarvantaryamini and @Angela123 Yes it should be allergy to something which i am not very sure

@sarvantaryamini and @MalStrom I am a little scared of neti pot because I have read if the water is not sterilized well the microbes can have side effects.. May I please know how do you prepare the solution for neti pot?

@Thyagarajan no sir we don't have any air conditioner at home. At office Yes I do have them and they are very strong

@Angela123 @Chocolatey @Thyagarajan I have to start trying steaming. May I know when would be the best time to try steaming? And is plain water just as effective as adding anything to water?

@vidhyalakshmid if I am not wrong you are talking about pranayama. I have tried it, but keeping it consistent everyday becomes a problem especially when my nose is blocked so badly that I'm tried trying to breathe normally.

@AppuMom , @MalStrom @Chocolatey @sarvantaryamini May I know about the humidifier that you are using? When I see images of humidifier they look very narrow stream, is it for the full room?

so sorry if the qu

10. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I don't know where you live @MalStrom , generally tap water should be enough, if you are very doubtful, you can boil it to make sure it doesn't have germs and then use it. You just add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt to the water(around a small cup). When I bought the pot, I was told to buy a ceramic one and that one came with the packets(of salt). All I had to do was add warm water just enough to fill the pot (2/3rds of the pot is enough) and add the packet of salt to the water. You can do trial to see what is comfortable for you. I would say no more 1/2 teaspoon for a cup of water.

For humidifier, I got the Vicks humidifier. That's the one we generally get here locally. It need not be AC, sometimes turning on heater can also cause this kind of allergy.

Sweety2019 likes this.