1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

House Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by EagerForInfo, Jul 21, 2020.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

My neighbhor cleans the house more than she cooks. She cleans the bathrooms , drapes, cupboards, microwave fridge almost religiously. There is never a spek on any of them? Do all people do that? I thought we need to do such cleaning once every 6 months or so. Mopping , cooking , vacuuming, dishes, laundry daily basis.. and all the rest on a monthly basis like bathroom cleaning etc. Please share your views.

Is it really possible to do everything yourself in the US? That too with kids classes homeworks, etc etc. ???? (disregard the lockdown). Now that the lockdown is here I have just started doing all this cleaning but I have never done so much cleaning before.

2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Have schedule to clean.
    Sunday - Master bedroom
    Monday - Kitchen deep cleaning
    Tuesday - Bathrooms
    Wednesday - Laundry
    Thursday - kid's room
    Friday - dinning room
    Saturday - Living room

Every day - I clean kitchen counter,dinning table, stove, mop kitchen, mop living room, dining area and wash kitchen sink.
    For kitchen have a dish cloth to wipe up when there is a spill.

Angela123 and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I follow Flylady’s schedules. I see no reason to do excessive cleaning.

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Is it possible in the USA? Yes, your neighbor is doing it!

Is it necessary? Probably not but then it depends on the comfort level of the person.

I never leave a dish in sink. Is it excessive? May be but I don’t like seeing dirty dishes.

Then, I don’t mop floor every day unless kids spill something. Our cleaning lady cleans bathrooms, vacuum, dusting, windows, microwave etc. every other week. We do as needed.