My Corona Experience...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@messedup
    PLEASE TELL WHAT IS “kadh” you had mentioned above.
    2. Please also tell as of now, as to what else you have adopted to be more safe and secure in respect of kids & DH .

My prayers with all your family members for speedy recovery to normal.
    Regards.

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

did you get tested with positive too? I know your H had but it may not be necessary right?
    Also, since you doing all household chores also, like cooking, touching dishes, is not it increasing the chance to spread for kids, ILs or back to H again?
    Are you kids old enough for H took care of them?

In all cases, hope you feel better soon. So hard for us without help.

messedup likes this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Kadha is boiled water with added spices like turmeric, black pepper, giloy, chitrakadi,Divya prastha kwath, moti elaichi, sonth,dalchini etc. Add all this and more that you know and boil water for at least 20 minutes. Drink this boiled water hot and can add honey as it tastes too bad.

My kids are small so they were at low risk. I kept them in separate room and used separate utensils for each one of us and took proper care of washing my hands each time while serving or cooking.

Thanks for your prayers sir. We are fine now. It will take some time to come back to normal stamina but otherwise we are not facing any problems now.

joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I tested negative but symptoms started the same day similar to my h so we had not done the retest. Rest I answered in previous post. Thanks for your wishes.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Tagging @ushee
    who had asked OP - WHAT IS kadh?
    In tamil we call this as கஷாயம் & we may call it potion in English. Herbs boiled in water to half it's original volume would be essence of all herbs including neem leaves Ajhwin-basil and turmeric.
    In small sips tepid hot it is heavenly with little honey. Have as many times as possible halfto one hour before your chief meal. Even non pandemic times it is good to have it as preventative.
    Thanks to OP.
    GET WELL SOON.
    REGARDS.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    messedup and joylokhi like this.
  6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My BIL in India was taking excessive kadha to prevent covid and also other issues. He got kidney problems because of drinking too much of it, as i hear. Kidneys can not flush out too much of it or may be it gets too diuretic.. just FYI. Morever it is better winter drink. as it gives heat to body

messedup likes this.
  7. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Yes you’re right, I too was warned by elders not to drink herbal kadhas frequently and excessively as they are string and cause increase in body heat and digestive issue.

8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the information. It will be useful for many.