1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 8, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Happiness don't depend on external things. Its your internal way of thinking and choosing to be happy. If you choose your way to be happy , you can live a happy life even without modern amenities and opposite is you will still be unhappy with all luxuries. Happiness is a matter of choice!!

In young age I used to dream of luxurious life but now in old age I feel happiness is in living a simple life . There is so much happiness in giving happiness than receiving. When you cook a meal and its appreciated by the family and enjoyed by the family , you feel so happy.

We all have happy memories of our childhood. We never used to see whether our house is large or small. We feel happy int he experiences we shared as a family.

Happiness is when your friends, relatives and your family care for you and in turn when we care for them. Recently when I had a fall I came to know so many people are there who care about me. At this age we need love and affection from everyone and when we get in abundance we feel so happy. It seems God gives problems so that we will think of Him and gives problems to those whom He is fond of. At that time if we leave everything in His hands , He will take care and show a way to solve our problems. Because of the love everyone showed and with their prayers I became ok soon .

“Do not educate children to be rich ; Educate them to be happy ; So that when they grow up they will know the value of things and not just the price .“

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Good post vijima..

True...The more you are comfortable with who you are accepting your positives and negatives,The more you spend on experiences rather than materialistic things,the more gratitude you have ..one can achieve inner peace which makes you blissful.

iyerviji, deeparull and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: A nice thread on HAPPINESS in individual & then GLOBAL - a need of the hour. Kudos to madam sister and to her flooding indusladies with timely apt snippets that touches upon wider spectrum of human emotions.

Here, Hear my views please:

It proves the dictum “ you determined to be happy: you are happy”
    Yes it is state of mind.

• it is not sourced from outside.
    • Possession of material things mistaken for happiness. Those things might provide comfort addto the pleasure but those all wanes down as per Laws Of Diminishing Utility.
    • Sharing it is said multiply happiness. Does it really so when it comes to money land properties and scarce commodities in COVID times?!
    • Sharing nice articles , humours, comics, books at certain times - recipients might be happy but giver- are they bound for happiness forever?
    • A friend of mine would every time, insist a photo taken his handing over a book on loan to me with the title of the book in my hand prominently captured. You know why! Yes that is the proof that I had received on loan that book from him. He would religiously forward that image to me too.

That shows that you have all the virtues to enlarge and enjoy a wider circle of friends and your belief in enlarging friends’ circle.

Some say seclusion and insulated & isolated from the crowd pre requisite to cause happiness in them. Even some say, they are happy amidst loving kith and kin. But again this depends on the age of the person and free of internal domestic politics like DIL, MIL, FIL, BIL, & other Ills.

A mistake elsewhere can put those at distance into problems. Novel corona virus escaped from China Lab. From ship docked in Japanese port, passengers disembarked with their bodies infected and turned careers of COVID to other Parts of Japan And so to the rest of the world. A lab doctor’s or technician’s negligence resulted in many a slip between the cup & His lip. God used this opportunity to rid the mankind - Augean stables - from their extravaganza & splurge attitude in the form of advancement and progress.

Worldwide, today humanity is kept under lock & key by the Lord.

(& key He has thrown into ksheera sagar)

Life hack in web says, research shows that the most commonly used and seemingly positive phrases like the one above, that we use with kids are actually quite destructive. Despite our good intentions, these statements teach children to stop trusting their internal guidance system, to become deceptive, to do as little as possible, and to give up when things get hard.

If one wants his or her child to grow up to be kind, community-minded, and successful these quotes to be modified & think of alternatives used, so that they can replace these habitual statements with phrases that will actually encourage intrinsic motivation and emotional connection.

Let me offer here to OP & her huge patrons and followers the music of happiness in the voice of Bobby McFerrin released in September 1988.
    BE HAPPY DON’T WORRY

For tamil happiness ooty varayi uravu thespian Sivaji & KR Vijaya

Thanks and Regards.

God - pure blessings are always considered neither happiness nor sadness. It keeps one neutral.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    iyerviji and anika987 like this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji amma
    Reading your posts certainly makes us feel happy and grounded. You are a shining star.
    Vani

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

Only a person who knows how to be happy can write such a snippet. Unfortunately, most of us teach the kids to be successful but fail to teach them to have a goal to be happy. When I teach moral classes for the kids now, I am teaching the children to remove all the obstacles that prevent them from being happy. I also tell them not to seek happiness from outside but try and invoke happiness from within and change everything inside of them that is blocking happiness.

Philosophically everyone knows that life is to pursue happiness but we are unable to find out what is transient and what is permanent. When we cap our desires, understand we hold everything in trust, learn to accept adversities the same way we receive favorable life situations, treat pleasure and pain the same way, learn to be content and find happiness in seeing others smile, life becomes fruitful. We are in pursuit of quantity as opposed to quality of life. We don't have to do everything and be everywhere but if we can do something to our satisfaction and be in places where we can make people happy, our mind begin to see the direction of happiness.

Happiness is a path and not a destination and it has to be felt every day of our lives. It is not a Lotus flower that blooms when the Sun rises or Kurinji flower that blooms once in 12 years. It is not a scale where we just keep adding more quantity to balance the scale. It is about how we transform ourselves into a fine being thereby seeing the whole world as so wonderful.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

Very true.Thanks for your first feedback

anika987 likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks for your detailed response and fir the video

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks for your compliments. Glad you like my posts

9. iyerviji

Sorry for the late reply. Your advice to the kids is very useful for them . Thanks for nominating my post. As mentioned earlier your nomination is a great thing for me.

I agree with your post about happiness.Well said. Life has taught me how to be happy and learnt so much from my husband. He is so simple and does not expect anything.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

All said and done, happiness is elusive simply because it means different thing to different people. There is no clear definition of happiness, as far as I know. This morning I read a joke. Father has to go to office because it is no more possible to sit at home during these pandemic days and his wife and children are obliviously concerned. Their naughty son suggests to send a selfie of happy and smiling family to his father so that he is not too much worried about family. We try to find happiness in every possible situation and that is the only way to live in peace.
    That is why they say 'in pursuit of happiness'.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.