1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden Sharp Stabbing Pain On Left Chest When I Bent Over

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SuiDhaaga, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Ok this is freaky.

In past I had left chest pain due to stress and it went away. It would be sharp, and if being poked by screwdriver (when I was at past job where I dealt with racist a$$h0l3s)

Just 20 minutes ago I bent down to do something and I got sudden, sharp stabbing pain on left chest. It made me scream "ouch". The "ouch" never happened before. Then it went away!

I eat fruits, veggies, bike 30 min, knee therapy 20 min, walk/meditate 1 hour, walk/play Bansuri 1 hour

I checked Dr. Google, and none of it applies to me. I am young and healthy

Slideshow: 8 Habits That Are Bad for Your Heart

VLR likes this.

2. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

Pls call the doctor right away and check with quick phone call first.
    Time is of essence.
    Best to take right consultation, than internet for such things.

SuiDhaaga and Laks09 like this.
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Call your doctor.

SuiDhaaga and Laks09 like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

None of that matters. Call your doctor immediately if you experience what you have described. Call immediately. They will ask very specific questions and get you the care you need with minimal time loss.

Even if it has gone away, call now. There are tests they can do that will tell what could have caused it. You need not be bending over in pain, holding your chest and gasping for breath during a heart attack.

Always call the doctor or the after-hours. They will guide you having your medical history available to them.

Most likely are you fine, but please be aware:
    What is a Silent Heart Attack?

5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh my! Hope you called your doctor. Please let us know how you are doing. I hope you got checked out today.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hope you are doing good. Did you check with the doctor?

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Just a question to all out of topic.
    I am getting used to USA medical policies and protocols.
    When you all say call the doctor, do you mean PCP or the emergency line? Why I am asking is, I don't have any personal number to talk to my PCP. She didn't share one either. They have patient portal and we can ask questions in that. I always ask there's and wait for her reply. Sometimes it takes a day up to a week to reply. So,I always go to urgent care. Even though I don't like to go to urgent care because Of improper diagnosis.
    Even during the office hours,I can't get hold of the doctor or her nurse. I thought that's how it will work here.
    So, whom do you all call? Do you have any nurse lines available all the time?
    Sorry OP for this question here. Wanted to know this information.
    OP, please update how you are doing.

8. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

call the PCP office number if office hours. They will tell you if doc avail to see you else will direct you to UC/ER.
    Off-hours then you need to call UC/ER.

Even in India these days, with the commercialization, unless you know the doc personally or thro family - you wont be able to get them in off hours and will have to call hospital numbers. Its changing in India too, unless you know them somewhat personally.

9. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Hi @gknew
    Two of my doctors forward their office lines to their personal phone number out of office hours IF you press a few digits to confirm that it is urgent. We as patients rarely use this unless it is truly urgent. I have only had to use this once in the many years with one of these doctors. They will help evaluate whether we wait and watch the situation (based on symptoms we describe over the phone) or head to the Urgent care/ER immediately. The one time we called, she opened her clinic just for us on a Saturday. And then after a quick evaluation at her clinic she asked us to go straight to the ER. We have come to know that this is not common - most doctors do not forward to their personal lines and have a recorded message that says after office hours please go to the ER.

Thyagarajan, gknew and SuiDhaaga like this.
  10. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for this article. Heart Disease runs in our family so I try to avoid by exercising, watching what I eat. I do get stressed over things.