1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Old Bungalow Or New House?

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by anivijay, Jul 13, 2020.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

My suggestion would be to drive a hard bargain on the house you are already living in. Get the best possible price. Looks like your landlord is a motivated seller. you have an opportunity to get a big lot for the best price. You are already living comfortably in two rooms. Don't renovate for a few years until it is necessary. Save up and then renovate as you like. As @MalStrom suggested get an appraisal from the bank to get an idea.

anivijay likes this.
  2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Exactly that is what I think. We have been in UK.....huge garden back and front nice space. We can sit only for a couple of months outside in the garden. Then what is the point of large space?In winters....Yes, gets dark by 3 0' clock during winter!
    Syamala

anivijay likes this.
  3. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all your replies and time.

Price wise, I think £350 is a bargain as plot size is unusually huge. And its in heart of village and access to train station, it's going to fetch good appreciation in future.

Like you all said, commuting is going to be difficult in new house. I can not do that, after being spoiled in this house for these many years.

There are new developments In 15 or 20 mins walk to station. But they are very expensive as they have added a premium for being new.

Let me wait for some more time and see whether any good houses up for sale walkable distance to station.

Thank you.