1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If You Can Take Time Machine To Before Marriage, How Would You Protect Your Money

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SuiDhaaga, Jun 16, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I'm trying to get smart on financial matters, especially for marrieds.

In USA they say have pre-nup. But rosy-glasses make you think the person can do no wrong.

But we live in Kali Yuga.

Ladies and Gents, from All Countries, my question:

If you can take a time machine to BEFORE Marriage, how would you protect YOUR money from any mishandling by spouse, inlaws, etc.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kali Yuga... so the question should be "how would you protect YOUR money from any mishandling by parents, siblings, spouse, inlaws, etc."

Personal finance including how to handle financial matters in close relationships should be a required course in college. But then, how much would theoretical knowledge help...?

3. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

I am thankful to my dad who made me open a bank account while in college, taught me the ropes on doing things by myself (like bank drafts and fixed deposits etc) and that even while searching for alliances for me made sure that my job would not be affected. My parents were always emphatic on maintainig financial independance, so by the time I married - i had my own FD, Life insurance and savings policies etc. So there is really nothing I would change with that time machine for my finances :)

KashmirFlower and SuiDhaaga like this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

I'm trying to get smart on money late in life. I was within an inch of loosing it to a bad spouse. Luckily I lost the spouse and kept the greens.

Rihana likes this.
  5. SuiDhaaga

Yes yes yes ---- job should never ever get affected. Even if you marry an Ambani, still have job :)