1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are Live In In-laws Engaging Their Grand Kids At Home?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reesha, Jul 1, 2020.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

while i agree with everything , not sure my stance on the devotional stuff. again it is a perspective. i feel that is good for kids and feel you are controlling more on that front , which leads to not getting support from your IL.

it is just my perspective, you can disagree too. not looking to insult you in any manner.

i grew up listening to all those stuff and tried hard learning those mantras, it is actually good for memory and has its own strength. but that goes into the meta-physics part of it :) . not needed.

SunPa likes this.
  2. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Well when I was writing this part of my post I expected this reply and its quite reasonable too :)
    Let me tell you @lavani that even I grew up learning and reciting those mantras and I am happy that I know atleast few of them. Now that the subject has come up, tell me were you continously made to recite them throughout the day? Were you made to recite and chant whenever you go to your parents/grandparents? I hope definitely not.
    I am not against teaching all these. I am against teaching ONLY these. Thats the point. For that matter I make her to recite the mantras once in a day after giving her bath. Its a big NO for me if that is the only thing that will be taught. I even heard MIL commenting that parents dont teach anything. I dont need something to be taught to my daughter as an act of pointing fingers towards me.

3. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

It all depends on the in laws. Usually the active ones will engage and play with the kids. Not the depressed and unsatisfied ones. They are ready to push it on the dil.

4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

eeeeeee.. all day. i will pull my hair and run.

even i could not stand them more than 1 hr and sometimes whole day during navratri and pooja time.

sorry take my comments back. crazy ILS . more i read more i feel thankfull to my ILs.

my mil will make kids do it for 20 mins, everyday when they get and have bath. they enjoy when she is here. and make DH do Sandyavandanam atleast 2 times. though he grumbles and still does it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Exactly, Even I felt like pulling out my hair and run on the roads.
    I tried to stop this by telling indirectly in the beginning. The more I resisted the more she started teaching all that.
    Thats it I lost it one day and shouted that this is the age for dd to play with toys.
    And FYI my dd is just 2 years old and for such a small kid she was teaching such complex mantras which nobody knows. On the contrary she has not taught her kids anything on the praying part. Then why show their talent on grand children?
    Not only this, I hate the thought of entertaining the kid on needy basis or rather for their advantage. If she is not in mood she would say " go and play with toys in the hall", or she would say "go to your mom".
    Yesterday she did the samething, my daughter wanted the pen she was holding and she denied giving it. dd came out crying uncontrolaby. She came out of room in anger and threw the pen on the mat and said " what have you kept in your mouth? cant you talk? why are you making such a big mess". Imagine for a 2 year old kid she says all this. I just kept quiet for the moment because my priority was to calm down dd and not take on to her.