My Corona Experience...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Jul 10, 2020.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hello Everyone....Hope you all are doing fine and taking care of yourself. This pandemic has taken away all our freedom and independence to go out and live. I too had so much of fear for this Corona and locked myself in the home to stay safe. But my husband had to go to the office, still everything was going smoothly. He took proper care and used to take bath immediately after entering the house.

One day he felt feverish and checked the temperature which was 99. No other issue was there. He took the medicine and slept. Next day also he had same temperature. We went for the test now as suggested by other family members. The test came out positive. He isolated himself from everyone else and started living in a separate room. My mil went to another floor and I kept all the things in his room. Separate utensils clothes etc. Home environment became very worrying. Everyone left us alone and we too were in separate rooms.

I was fit and fine till evening. Then I started feeling some pressure in my nose and some throat pain. The next day I started feeling suffocation and felt difficulty in breathing. It became obvious that I too get infected with the virus.
    Now the condition was he in the separate room kids in different room and I had to take care of everything with my present condition. I didn't had fever in first 2-3 days. Had so much of cold, throat pain, body ache and difficulty in breathing. He had fever, cough, body ache and breathing problem. We took the medicine and used to take steam 2 to 3 times a day in first few days, had kadha and were taking rest. I used to take rest after completing each task as I didn't had much stamina to work. But still had to cook food wash utensils and look after the kids and other household work. It's my 12th and his 14th day. We still are suffering from diarrhea. But we completed a major time safely and hoping to pass this too soon.

One should always take the precautions to stay safe but even after that if you get caught up with the virus then don't be panic. Just be observant for your symptoms and don't ever ignore any of them. Even a small ignorance can make you suffer more. Be strong and positive and Stay Safe.

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear this!! Hope you get well soon. Take care. Thank you for the information, and appreciate it writing even while you are sick. Prayers for all of you!

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Take care..r u living in India or abroad.?
    Have u consulted a physician or gone to hospital for medical attention.
    Hope u both r checking temperature and oxygen saturation levels regularly, assuming u have an odometer at home...really it’s quite a tense situation now everywhere.

4. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Thank you for sharing your experience. Feel better soon, our prayers with you and your family.

5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

So sorry for what you are going through- try to do minimum work only what is truly required, take as much rest as you can - you need all the strength you can muster.Hopefully, it has almost reached the end and you will be fine.

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

take care, sorry that you are going through this, be in touch with doctor.

7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

So sorry to hear this!!
    Please take care and take rest as much as possible. Hope you recover soon.
    Thanks for writing it here even when you are sick.

8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks to all for showing the concern and the good wishes. We do have the oxymeter and taking proper care of everything. The condition is much better now. We are in touch with our family doctor and everything is in control.

Keep your immunity high and take proper care of any other disease if you have. My husband has diabetes so we were very much worried about it. But his sugar level is in control now. So no major issues. Just stay safe and take care.

9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Happy to hear all safe with u and family. Nice of you to share your experience for others to learn. Take care .

messedup and KashmirFlower like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: @messedup
    Sorry to note that your DH & you are infected and passing through great hardship. My prayers are with your family members. From your notes, I observe you have proper mental make up of the situation and confronting corona by its horns .

Since June 27 & 29, DH & you are quarantined at your residence and yet you got to manage household chores that includes cooking. OMG THAT MUST BE VERY GRUELLING .

Trust you are taking all appropriate steps to guard and protect your kids.
    I join with fellow members of IL. For early relief and speedy recovery of your diabetic DH & you from this hardship.
    I appreciate the time you had taken to post here the situation you are through.

God Bless.

messedup and joylokhi like this.