1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-72

Harini

‘Harini..wait..I want to talk to you alone..shall we talk in the car?’ Srikanth took me to the car.

‘ORK wanted me to stay abroad and wanted me not to be in touch with you while he would try to change your mind. He warned me that he will spoil both our professional lives. Harini, I’m not bothered about professional life. I mean ORK cannot do anything to us. But ..us..I can’t stand anything separating us after what we have gone through…’

‘You are right…’ I said holding his hands. ‘How does Mukund manage to catch everything? We could have got married silently and…’

‘He must have gone to registrar office for his marriage registration…Srikanth said. We remain seated in car. Srikanth got a call from Ramya which he didn’t pickup.

‘Your father arrived..’ I said as I saw chairman getting out of the car and president greeted him. They both glanced in our direction and waved.

‘Harini…’

‘Let’s get married…’ I said.

‘Don’t you want your mother or Nandhini…I mean it’s no more a secret marriage...’Srikanth said.

Chairman knocked our car window ‘I have asked everyone to come home. In case you have changed mind and decided to get married let me know…I have missed an important deal thinking you guys are tying knots today…’

‘Yeah thanks dad…’ Srikanth mumbled.

‘I’m not sure whether ORK or your mother knows…’ chairman said sitting in the car back seat.

‘Dad we were planning to elope…’ Srikanth said while chairman sat in the car backseat.

‘Till we invited ourself.....We knew only about the register marriage till yesterday night. I was supposed to land by 9, thought I could catch you. It was early this morning, I came to know about temple marriage. I’m sorry guys. I didn’t mean to stop your wedding. …’ chairman’s hands reached out to cigarette. He received a call. ‘It’s Mukund…seems Ramya is giving him an earful for interfering with your marriage…Okay you know where to find me..’

‘Right dad I’ll see off Sameer, Rajib and then we will come home…’Srikanth answered.

Rajib and Sameer asked us to call them if we are proceeding with our register marriage.

Chairman and President were sipping coffee when we reached home. Sriram was relishing his cup too. I could find Priya in a corner talking in phone.

One of the house staffs who were standing came with coffee and some refreshments for us.

Srikanth was explaining to his dad what ORK told him the previous day ‘ I’m sorry I played a part in that…’ President said.

‘Didn’t I say so Priya?’ Sriram got excited. ‘I know your look when you have interfered in something…’

‘Hey…that’s not a purposeful…I requested for a detective check on Srikanth and he happened to…’ President started explaining.

‘Wait wait..why did you…’ Srikanth’s father asked.

‘To check whether you have anything to do with that..I’m talking about our group shares..What Jai you don’t know about that?’ President asked looking at chairman’s face.

‘He doesn’t....’Srikanth replied. ‘Dad I hold close to five percentage of Evolution Group shares….Apart from my expenses invested al my earnings there..’

‘So you thought I have been buying in Srikanth’s name…’His father asked Venkat.

‘Yes..I thought may be you are investing in Srikanth’s name but now I know you have no part in both the boys investment..’He explained.

‘You too Sriram…’ Srikanth’s father asked

‘Thanks for bring this up sir..tongue slip I presume..’ Sriram said to Venkat. ‘Dad I own around 3% shares of Evolution I mean not the group…’ he said to his father.

‘Guys…I might get caught for insider trading.. you are aware of that right…’ their father raised his voice.

‘There’s no such anamoly…I asked them to check on it..’ Venkat paused and took another sip of coffee.’Coming to the point when I asked him to get the background check on Srikanth for this purpose detective presumed it’s for personal rean and produced a full dossier.’

‘You could have asked me directly…’Srikanth’s father remarked.

‘I had eye on Srikanth for quiet sometime..by the time he crosses 7.5% and joins board, I want him to have a firm grip of company, hence checked his background. ‘ Venkat laid a hand on snacks.

‘How’s this linked with ORK, uncle?..’ Srikamth asked Venkat.

‘Looks like a long story ..let’s talk while having breakfast. Harini, ORK is out of country. Would you mind if we call your mother?’ Srikanth’s father asked.

‘I would…’ I said. Chairman laughed.

President continued the story: that day post talking about Srikanth about the opening in Mukund’s wedding ORK paid him a surprised visit. ORK was quiet drunk by that time and was talking about the incident where Mukund’s cousin misbehaved with Priya.He was worried thinking what would people talk about me. Venkat who was also drunk by that time thrusthed detective report on him saying why worry. ORK took the report to his room and appeared as if he went threw the report.

‘Next day he pointed thatSrikanth had multiple girl friends prior…does not have much bank balance and he had problems with his smoking/drinking habits as well…I advised him and took him through the mistakes I done on part of Sriram…I lost Sriram because I concentrated on trivial issues of him…’ Venkat explained over breakfast.

‘Finally someone’s accepting…’ Sriram said a bit loudly to Srikanth.

‘Unless you have a girl of your own you won’t understand Sriram..you get a feeling whether he is perfect for my daughter…ORK is undergoing the same problem..’Venkat sighed.

‘Seriously Venkat…don’t you trust your children to take decisions..’ Srikanth’s father commented.

‘I don’t expect you to understand Jai,,,’Venkat replied hastily. ‘Anyway that report was supposed to be confidential…’

‘Srikanth what do you want to do?’ chairman asked.

‘I want to get relieved from Evolution. I can’t work in same place with ORK. I literally pushed Harini in agreeing in with me for getting married today..I’ll discuss with her and…’

‘Srikanth let me help you in relieving first..don’t look at me like that Jai. You won’t lift a finger in helping your son…’Venkat made few calls and by the end of breakfast conveyed us Srikanth will be relieved by end of the week.

‘Well that solves one thing..can I expect a message if you are planning to get married. I need to get to bakery now. ‘ Soon everyone left and only chairman remained with us.

Chairman was deep in thoughts. Srikanth excused himself to make call to Ramya.

‘Are you trying to hide from your mom as she his hers?’ chairman asked all of a sudden.

‘No ..it will put her in a tough position. She will be obliged to tell ORK which I don’t want.’ I replied.

‘ORK got you girls very late in his life and to my knowledge doing his duty as father well. He might be little weird but definitely a nice man, I hope you realize it and take decisions accordingly..’ Chairman told me and got up from his seat.

2. blackbeauty84

Chapter-73

Srikanth

‘Shall we head home?’ Sriram was all packed up and he sat on my desk.

‘I’m shooting a mail to Sagar..just give me a minute…’ I said.

‘Post marriage, Sagar stopped checking mails at home.’ Sriram chuckled. Sagar got married two months before and it was a match arranged by his parents. His wife runs a Montessori play school.

Congratulations on your two year service anniversary.. Popped a mail form our office server. Two years ran in a jiffy.

‘Vivaan is waiting outside the gate…’Sriram broke my thoughts. Vivaan who has won several state and national level medals is full time into swimming now. Now that his class ten exams are over he is always in pool. He comes with us for the ride back home as his training academy and our office are nearby.

‘Let’s leave…’ I said . While walking in the corridor we saw Venkat, President of Evolution group standing outside his cabin.

‘Tell your old man, I’m visiting him tonight…’ Venkat said.’I need to meet him before he travels again…’ Dad has just come back yesterday from his long stint abroad and still I’m yet to talk with him.

Vivaan appeared moody and was on call when we came out of office building.

‘What’s wrong buddy?’ Sriram asked once his call was over.

‘Riya..wants me to continue studies… get a degree atleast..she refuses to listen I’m eyeing on several competitions..doesn’t make sense as minute I’m eligible I’m going to apply for army…’ ’Vivaan said angrily.

‘That’s the problem with girlfriends…’ Sriram replied.

‘We are not officially a couple…’ Vivaan replied in an equally angry tone.

‘She’ll come around. This is not a general path taken..would take time for her to get accustomed..’ I replied.

‘True...’ Vivaan said coming back to normal mode.

Dad was reading a magazine when we entered home.

‘I was getting bored as the house was empty…’ dad told after seeing us.

As we were chatting, I could see ORK coming inside house with his family on tow.

‘Welcome ORK…’ dad said brightly

‘Sorry for turning up unexpectedly..I wanted to discuss something but couldn’t find a common time for long..’ ORK started in a ceremonious tone.

‘That’s fine ORK. In fact nice to see you all. Good to see you again Harini..’ dad smiled. I got up to get back to my room but was stopped by ORK.

‘Srikanth wait…I came to talk to you…’ ORK said softly. I looked at Harini her expression was blank.

Vivaan’s German Shepard came charging inside the hall and stationed himself next to Harini, who started patting his head.

‘It’s more than two years since I spoke to you last Srikanth, Harini does not talk about you, which means you have kept your promise…Sorry Jai, I ordered Srikanth to stay away from Harini..’

‘How could you?’ came a strong voice. ‘When I shared my worry several times you were mum..I was worried about what’s happening to her..’ All of us in the room were bit shocked about Harini’s mom voice.

‘I’m surprised you didn’t talk about it for two years ORK…what’s it about staying away from Harini , you know about them…’ dad raised his voice.

‘You said you were okay with my choice while we were on the way to Ramya’s wedding. You changed your face and said something else to Srikanth?I can’t believe it..’ Harini said firmly.

‘Kaveri used to worry a lot about Harini. We too didn’t have any clue..Why couldn’t you have opened up to your wife atleast…’Priya added

ORK appeared shocked for comments from all directions. ‘Yes it was wrong from my side…but you will have to know why I did…’

‘Jai..is this a wrong moment…’ Venkat who came inside the house asked.

‘Of course no…we are talking about Harini and Srikanth..’ dad responded.

‘Oh I thought nothing was going on between them…infact one of our relatives have been inquiring about Srikanth..’ Venkat declared. If he hasn’t given me the tiniest wink I would have thought that’s real.

‘I’m sorry to cause all the trouble..It was partly because of you Priya, I saw how someone from Mukund’s family was talking about you in bad way..thought Harini should not face the same. At the same time, I found something about Srikanth which made me to ask him from staying away from Harini..Jai, apologies I belong to a traditional family where many such things are frowned upon before marriage..’ ORK said in a soft tone.

‘A lot happened ..you stopped me from speaking to anyone. I couldn’t explain to Harini and she didn’t take my silence well. She ended things with me…’ I said.

ORK’s face went pale.

‘Apologies..I didn’t expect that..’ ORK went near Harini and sat next to her. ‘Harini, It was me who demanded Srikanth that he should not be in touch with you. I did for your good…’ Harini did not respond for a minute.

‘ORK you will have to realize what you did have huge repercussions…’ dad said. ORK appeared very sad. ‘Give everyone time…’

That night Harini called me ‘Your family is wonderful in acting…’

‘So is your mum and Nandhini…’ I chuckled.

‘So all going as per plan…’ she said.

‘Yes…let’s do this acting for some more days and then agree for marriage…’ I replied.

‘okay catch you later..have to put on some act before ORK..’ she said.

I was happy it’s all about to end. It was tough to keep our relationship secret before the prying eyes of ORK.

lakshya2018, VinuthaS and mbharani like this.
  3. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Oh! 2 years later
    and these 2 years they were in touch is it?

4. lakshya2018

lakshya2018 Bronze IL'ite

Hi BB

Happy to see the update after a long time... but i totally missed the continuity... I was thinking what happened in last few updates.

5. mira

mira New IL'ite

Hi BB,
    Awesome as always.

6. lakshya2018

lakshya2018 Bronze IL'ite

Will continue the story ?

7. blackbeauty84

Hi Lakshaya, will continue the story. I'm working on the final chapter..will post in few days

8. blackbeauty84

Chapter-74

Nandhini

I was catching up my afternoon sleep in Harini’s room that weekend. Weekdays I barely sleep for five hours and try to catch up sleep by weekend. I heard the door knock but still carried on.

‘Harini…’ this was firm voice of ORK.

Harini was still dozing, I opened the door…’Jai is coming, get yourself changed into something suitable…’ he instructed.

‘What for?’ Harini yawned sitting in bed.

‘He said personal visit….get ready fast…’he ordered.

‘Nandhini you too get changed..’ORK said seriously.

‘Why should I?Atleast there’s some reason if Harini does…’ I said.

‘He’s visiting us after years, I believe this is for marriage talk…get ready fast…’ ORK smiled this time. There was sense of urgency in the way he walked.

‘oh my..’ Harini said checking her phone.

Harini looked worried and she was messaging actively.

‘Harini what’s wrong..get changed..shall I help selecting a saree for you?’ mum asked.

‘Mum Nandhu sorry…’ Harini said..’Nandhu I know you would say to mum..mum I know you couldn’t keep it from ORK…’

‘What is it…’ mum asked.

Harini was silent. Mum ‘I was not only in touch with Srianth. We got married..It was a registered marriage…’

Everything felt so surreal that Harini hid her marriage for two years…Mum remained silent.

‘I can’t believe Priya didn’t open her mouth..’ Mum said after sometime.

‘She and uncle.. pointed it several times.. we were so adamant about it…’ Harini responded

‘I’m not sure how Krishna is going to take this…’ mum said referring to ORK.

‘Mum..I think if he hadn’t interfered this wouldn’t have happened.’ I said.

‘listen…he is really concerned about you girls and loves you both much more than your father…’

‘Ma..despite everything he doesn’t like Srikanth…I mean what’s wrong with Srikanth.How can there be better groom for Harini than him…’ I asked mum.

We heard the bell and ORK’s excited voice of welcoming them.

‘Sorry ma..’Harini had tears in eyes.Mum’s eyes were wet too.

‘Srikanth’s family pulled a wonderful act…he said you broke up and all that…’ Mum remarked.’Let’s go down..’

Jai uncle’s entire family except Vivaan was there.I could see Harini trying to convey something to Srikanth non verbally.

‘You must be wondering why are we here?’ Priya aunty said

‘Not exactly…I have guessed it…’ ORK replied and smiled at Srikanth.

‘I’m not sure you do…I mean..we got married two years back . We were waiting for you to..’ Srikanth said.

‘What?? ’ ORK shouted getting up from sofa.

‘Patience ORK…sit down please’ Jai uncle said.

‘None of you opened your mouth about it when I visited your house. You know about it?’ ORK asked mum.

‘Just few minutes before..’ mum replied.

‘Several times in the last two years I was close to conveying it..but they wanted it to remain as secret till your he agrees for their marriage whole heartedly..Apologies would be too lesser a word here..But understand…they have been through a lot didn’t want anything to come in between them…’ Priya aunty said.

Srikanth’s mobile rang and by mistake instead of cutting he put it on speaker.

‘Srika..You know what happened between your father in law and me today..man he is a …. ‘ boomed Sameer’s voice.

‘Is that Sameer? ..’ ORK screamed.

‘Wrong number…’ said sameer and disconnected the call.

I accidentally looked at Sriram who couldn’t control his laughter.But I could see everyone was laughing.

‘Sir..you may not like me..we may not see face to face in anything..but thing is when you asked me to stay away from Harini two years back..we realized we didn’t want to miss each other…we decided to get married without anyone’s knowledge..but dad found it at last minute..despite his advise we went ahead and got married…we wanted you to accept us in your own time..we didn’t communicate much and met only at our house..’ Srikanth said sitting near ORK and holding his hand. Harini went and sat next to ORK.

I didn’t know what went on in ORK’s mind he remained silent. He got up slowly and went to balcony, Srikanth and Harini followed him after minutes.

I don’t know what transpired between them but we could see they were having an intense conversation.

Sriram was taking a call, mum and Priya aunty was discussing about their business.

‘.I need to smoke..’ Jai uncle got up.

‘Nandhini show the way to terrace..’ mum said.

When uncle was climbing stairs I noticed he was limping. ‘ Would you be..’ I asked him.

‘Ofcourse…might not be a pleasant sight but I can climb.. Beautiful view..thanks for showing the way..’ he said

‘No I do need some fresh air..most of my friends are smokers..so do not mind me…’ I said.

‘We were all hoping you will get married before your sister.. I’m not sure what are you waiting for..’ uncle said.

‘Right guy..’ I said.

Uncle looked at me straight at eyes which made me fumble ‘I mean…’ I had an uneasy feeling that he is able to read my mind.

‘I’m I… mean…….’I blanked out.

‘I didn’t ask you anything Nandhini’ he said calmly.

‘I’m in love with someone…’ I said breaking the silence.

‘Your mum and dad are going around the town searching for a partner…least you can do is stop it …’ he stated.

‘It’s complicated…he had a major relationship failure, he is not ready for another one..I haven’t spoke to him..I mean..’ I was not even sure why I was talking that to him. Harini was pestering me on this and every time I rejected a guy mum too asked whether I had someone in mind. I didn’t reveal my feelings to anyone.

‘Sriram…’ he said.

‘How do you know? ‘ I asked with surprise.

Jai uncle starred at me blankly for a second and then smiled. ‘I heard you coming..’ he said not to me but someone behind me. I turned and froze in spot.

‘Dad..everyone is waiting for you..’ Sriram said looking at his father. ‘Nice view..’ Sriram said looking at the lake view from our terrace.

Jai uncle smiled at me leaving the terrace

‘Uncle…’ I was not sure how to have this conversation before Sriram.

‘What you said is safe with me...’Uncle said proceeding downstairs.

Sriram was still admiring the view. I may not get a chance like this again.

‘Sriram I…’

‘Oh yes..your mom was calling you down.. shall we make a move?’ He hurried past before me.

Madhurima21 likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

Chapter-75, Final Chapter

Sriram

‘Which of the tie would suit?’ Srikanth asked. This was their reception. ORK was relentless in having a traditional wedding and reception. Considering everyone’s calendar it was agreed on 15 days from the date we went to ORK’s house. Due to time crunch traditional wedding was at our house and reception was in a hotel near by.

‘Ready? You will have to start in another 10 minutes’ Priya said coming inside my room.

‘Yeah I’m good to go..’ Srikanth replied.

‘Harini..’ I asked.

‘She is in hotel…doing her make up..’ Priya replied.

‘Shall we leave?’ Dad asked who was followed by Vivaan.

‘Bro..you are getting so many messages and mails…’Vivaan said handing back Srikanth’s phone.

‘Anything important…’ Srikanth asked adjusting his tie.

‘Mostly congrgulations..except Truth or dare from Harini..’ Vivaan replied.

‘You are still into it..’ Priya teased.

Harini and Srikanth looked so good together. Though I was bit skeptical about Harini initially, in the last two years I could see how happy Srikanth was.

Slowly all the familiar people started assembling. There good crowd from both the companies. Sagar has turned up with his wife and was making introductions to Mukund and Ramya. Vithuran was chasing Sameer’s twins. I could see Sameer making a conversation with his parents in laws and his wife Swathi was smiling.

‘Sriram right?’ she greeted me.

‘I’m Urvashi, colleague of Harini..we have met before..’ she said.

‘Oh yes..long time…’ I replied.

Vithuran pulled my pant to ask something and once I got back to her ‘That’s Dev’s son right? He looks like Dev…’she said.

‘He sings like him as well…’I said.

‘There’s she…nice meeting you Sriram..I need to meet Harini before she gets too busy..’ Urvashi vanished in second.

‘Oii who was that..’ asked someone from our gang.

‘Friend of Srika…’ I replied

‘Only that right? I’m going to ask her for dance..’ one from our gang vanished.

‘Your ex…...man she looks so beautiful..’ my best friend commented.

Evolution group president Venkat made a grand entry with his wife and Meera at tow. Dad rushed to greet him.

‘She is back in the country? …’my friend said.

I started to reply something but I noticed he wasn’t listening to me but looking at some other direction. Nandhini looked stunning and grabbed attention from every corner of the hall.

‘Sriram…’ Evolution crowd of Sameer and Rajib was standing aloing with Mukund, Virat ,Sagar and ORK.

‘Who’s that with Vivaan?’ Mukund asked.

‘His girl friend Riya..he claims they are not a couple yet…’ I replied.

‘Not even 16 look at what he is doing?’ Mukund was saying.

‘Smart boy…’ Venkat who came near us commented.

DJ played a slow romatic song I saw Srika and Harini rocking the floor.

‘Guys I’m married..stop this..’ Mukund was responding to Sagar and Virat while ORK appeared grim.

‘Look at Jai…’ Venkat pointed. Slowly everyone around me too started noticing that dad was dancing with Priya.

As the music stopped dad gave Priya a slow kiss. I suddenly looked in her direction and she too looked at me. Time stood still amidst the crowd noice. It didn’t bother me that her father was standing near me. I slowly moved towards her and I could see she was also coming towards me.

‘Go on..listen to your heart..’ dad said suddenly appearing before me.

May be I deserve a second chance, may be this tiny whisper of love will grow into something stronger. As I went near her my heart beat faster and as she smiled my fear vanished.

May be it will work out this time.

meepre, happyperson and Madhurima21 like this.
  10. blackbeauty84

Dear All,
    Many many thanks for taking time along reading this story. I'm so very greatful for the constant support and postive words shared.
    I really apologize it took much more time than anticipated due to lockdown and so many other problems.I will strive to do better in my next story.
    Till then thanks once again. Wishing everyone a better , great and happy year ahead.

Lots of love and cheers,
    BB

Madhurima21 likes this.