1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help To Maintain Healthy Weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by salad, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

What I have felt through the years is the consistency in diet and exercising that is what helps with weightloss or maintaining healthy weight. Instead of depriving things (like in many diets) have everything in moderate. be mindful of what you eat. i agree with the processed food around us. Its easy to get to add a lot of calories, not healthy. Balancing everything is the key. It is good to have a target calories and eat healthy. But not being too harsh on yourself is also important. As we get older, it is important to maintain active lifestyle to achieve healthy body and maintain/reduce weight.
    If you are pinching for time, there are exercises that can be done in 10- 15 mins.
    May be you need some kind of activity. A quick exercise of some kind. It build muscles and makes you stronger also get you endorphins. Most people just need to get started for 10 mins one day a week. After that it uplifts their mood !! Hopefully you can find something like that.
    Taking multivitamins help. It works for me. Also, drink a lot of water. It seems redundant theory but you never know!
    Sometimes small changes in routine helps too. See what you can rearrange in your day's business. For ex. I used to make a list of things to do, now instead I make a time table for must do things - 9am - 10 am saturday - laundry and I hit it when its time. there are apps or I use google home to set alarms. For kid also I do the same. have a time slot for doing something, it reduces a lot of stress for me.

2. ImHuman

ImHuman Bronze IL'ite

If you are looking for few quick exercises, i like these.. See if you like them too.
    robertas gym , emi wong these channels have so many quick work outs.

It is said 80% of our body depends on what we eat and how we eat.

somethings i am following recently ...eating slowly... being aware that i chew each bite at least 20 times. Having hot water three times a day..
    Having soupy oats(with out sugar.. with ginger and pepper) . I am also taking triphala choorna from few days.. I will update my journey here.

Angela123 likes this.
  3. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Thanks dr for valuable suggestions @ProudIndian. I need to make lil changes in my food habits. Always wanted to drink green tea but never could. Need to implement that somehow.

Eat more veges as snacks. Again i used to do but need to restart again.

Oil. I always used to wonder what oil to use. Few years i used oilve oil. Few years coconut oil. Few years vegetable oil. Recently read an article about canola. How it's not good to health. Which oil do you use? For tadka and frying? And while saute? Any suggestion?

Detox is another point wanna try.

Avoiding diary products. My mom used to do this. I can't live without curd. Gonna be a big step.

4. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Trust me i got a time table stick to my fridge. Friends used to tell me "you can't have it all". But i used to do my best in all areas. But if i get lazy then that too extreme level.

I too know it's redundant theory but i think we need to it to remind us again and again only good way is the way to go. Thanks dr @Angela123

Have restarted my meditation, diary, exercise, mindful eating & drinking water. Making sure to hit bed at 10.30. Wake up at 4.-4.30 am.

Angela123 likes this.
  5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I did check robertas gym. Found a 10 minutes one which suits me. It gonna be difficult at the starting but i need it! Thanks dr @ImHuman.

By the by nice name. Imhuman.

I realise my thoughts to my mind + my food to my body is me. Seems like both were not at the best.

2019- wanted to be end of weight drama. Was reducing perfectly but when restarted my job kind of went everything out of hand and fired back. Not sure how many days i can continue but from now on i will count even 1day.

I can't get ayurvedic medicine here. But eating mindfully is something i need to do seriously. Always watching tv as that is the only time i get to relax. Will stop it.

Last 3 days i did run 10,000 steps.( I used to do earlier, so it was easy to restart)
    Sleep between 10 30-4.30 am.
    Meditation 20 minutes.

Drinking hot water, green tea, mindful eating, veges as snacks, quick exercise, dancing. So many other lil life style changes are waiting.. will implement them slowly slowly.

Angela123 likes this.