1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden Spy Camera ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Jun 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hello OP,
    Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles. I feel the stress in your present phase of life - new mother, two small children, change of routines, no help - is not that uncommon. Looking back that phase of my life was definitely the most stressful period in my marriage. But for you, on top of that, your untreated heavy period problem and now this enforced confinement due to Covid- it's not unusual for people to start acting out and behaving petty or bizarre when subjected to so much stress. Honestly I think you and your husband are both under a lot of stress and getting on each other's nerves in this enforced quarantine.

Now what options are open? Covid has closed some options for you, as has been pointed out. But you have also closed some options for yourself. why cant you talk to your parents about what's going on? I feel you should. Think of your kids. If one of them was going through what you are, wouldnt it break your heart to know they kept it from you? Talk to one of your parents - whichever one you are more comfortable with. It will help you vent, and they will offer their mature wisdom. They know you and him very well no?

Even if you dont want to bring this up, make the habit of calling them up and chatting about this and that. It will take your mind off the latest quarrel and relax you. Same with good friends.

Secondly avoid all unnecessary loose talk. just zip it. I saw another thread in which you stated that it is very natural for you to constantly remind your husband that you supported him and paid for him at the start of your marriage. What?!!? Sorry. It's not natural. This kind of unsolicited reminders causes tension. Then he will also be compelled to respond to that no? Are you not aware of this dynamic? Then why even go there. Try to introspect why you feel compelled to remind him of such things, is it some feeling of being beholden or inferiority or what? And try to work on that.

To be clear, I am not blaming you wholly. I feel there are problems on both sides. Frankly, I dont know what's going with him. I dont recommend spy cam. It has potential to backfire. I do know if you escalate this it may not be good for you and your kids.

since you cant go anywhere or do anything because of Covid, keep a low profile for now. Do what you can and change what you can. Let the rest go. What can you do? You can treat your health problem. You can do a phone consult with your gynec, she can fax the Rx to your pharmacy and they will mail it to you. So do that. Take those medicines and try a regular schedule for eating and sleeping. walk every day. Walking outside for an hour in summertime in the fresh air will help you feel better. Exercise. listen to some music, meditate, talk to old friends, skype your parents, and above all just stop talking directly to your husband. No discussions, only monosyllables. Only most essential or unavoidable things. Keep out of his way. Hopefully out of sight is out of mind for him. These are things you can do, things within your hands to dial down the tension in your home right now.

Your threads are worrisome. Please take this advice positively. And all the best!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    joylokhi and lavani like this.
  2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Are u a psychology major ? Or have u done sooo much research for me ??? Or is this something you have been researching already??? For other personal reasons. Anyways I apologize for the titles have given to my posts and driving peoples imagination all over the place. If u have taken so much effort to research the subject for me I am flattered and thank you!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. ImHuman

ImHuman Bronze IL'ite

Yes, I have a degree(MA) in psychology. I have been researching on what causes human behaviour since many years. What I said in my response to you is not from my research but from a therapy by David Burns from his years and years of practice. Well, I will follow your advice . As you have suggested that we don't reply to your threads.. I will end it here.

lavani and Angela123 like this.
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi @EagerForInfo,

Sorry for whatever you are going through in your life. Hope it all settles down and your life turns out to be the way you want it to be.

Having said that, most of the responses given here are well meant for you. Clearly everyone understands you are desperate for info and trying to give their best suggestions. However, it is completely up to you to take what you think fits you and ignore the rest.

Instead thrashing the people and the place that is giving you the space to be heard, taking the time to think for you and give you responses is just NOT fair.

If you think this forum doesn't fit your needs, or this community isn't giving you the right advice please STAY AWAY! Come back whenever you think you miss this space and the people here.

Closing this thread and will be removing those unwarranted responses of yours.

shama146, Angela123 and joylokhi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.