100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

April 24 Friday - April 26 Sunday:
    Each day managed to get groceries from the Indian store, American and Costco by various means - one store per day. Also streamlined the sanitizing process.

April 27 Monday:
    Fresh foray into mindfulness. This time it is mindful listening to sounds and noises. Listened to the song Mehbooba Mehbooba from Sholay properly for the first time. Closer attention to RD Burman's powerful control of voice, the instruments, and also a recall of listening to this song on transistor, radio, two-in-one, Walkman, car audio cassette, CD player, mp3 player, and now on YouTube. No rush to check what the next song is. Just listening note to note, one word to the next, almost like I didn't know the next word or line.

April 28 Tuesday:
    A much needed approval came through for a family member. We refreshed the browser thrice to confirm. So many life lessons learnt, so many approaches applied. Grateful to the people working and doing their best to help customers in these challenging times. I had an extra chai to celebrate quietly myself. Sometime during the three week journey, my family heard me say "Bhagwantuda..." in despair at yet another brand new obstacle. LOL only today my kid came and asked what it means... It means "Dear God!!!"

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Having finished moral school for the school-going teens as of last Thursday, I have no classes for them until August 2020. In the meantime, I will be preparing lesson plans for them. I have started a new initiative for young adults in the age group of college-going to the young workforce in the US. A medical student, psychology student, Immunology Ph.D., a young physician, Bio-Engineering Ph.D. student, mothers of young children, and many more.

The idea is to take one topic such as "Purity" and analyze it to the extent of how to find impurities in personal self, how to measure impurities, what is the cleansing process, and how to remain clean in a toxic environment. The first discussion forum is on Saturday, May 9th and about 14 have signed up so far and more are expected to sign up by the date of the meeting.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

I heard of 2 friends recently managing without washing machine during lockdown time. I felt so relaxed as i cannot really imagine my life without one. N also so lucky to hav all d resources at home during this tough time.

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

In this COVID-19 situation, it is truly overwhelming to receive so many WhatsApp messages, greetings, birthday songs from the children, young adults, family members, and brothers and sisters that I came to know in life. I was missing the dinner normally we enjoy on May 12th to celebrate my wife's birthday followed by my birthday on May 13th. My wife was invited to a friend's place where a few friends socially distanced but celebrated her birthday in style with the cutting of a cake. Today, messages were pouring in from all parts of the world and it is such a pleasure to respond to each one of them. I am happy to share this here in this forum with IL friends.

Giri12 and radv like this.
  5. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Very happy birthday to you.
    Belated Happy birthday to your life partner.

6. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Writing a letter in person is kind of history now. In this lockdown i could not go to my sister's place as every year. So i wrote 2 seperate letters to my nephews and send it to them whatsapp. They were overjoyed with this. It was of immense pleasure to write someone about daily happenings in a letter.

7. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Every field is getting affected by corona today. Feeling blissful to cope this with my near and dear ones. Managing life quite ok. No loans no emi so very much relaxed. In my teaching field its everything online unit. All teachers are so enthusiastic that they r putting lots of efforts happy to learn new app handling. Everybody being helpful n showing sympathy to each other is what is needed in todays situation. Hope all be healthy n safe during this time

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  8. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Mira is slightly ditzy, so she ever conjures up counter-factual scenarios. If this didn't happen this way, that happened which way. She is intrigued by her own absurdity. All absurd women deserve a sturdy anchor for their creative absurdity. Karthik is amused by Mira's infatuation with herself though pretends to be unknown to her inquiry. She would shriek ..imagine a world where we didn't meet. He blinks. Imagine ...you didn't introduce me all those books. He nods. Imagine ... also a world where you passed by and I didn't turn and missed you.

Exhausted of his attentive moves, he gently reproaches, but Mira, we did met, you did get introduced, and you happened to turn at the right corner. She is miffed at such casual narrative of their togetherness. Why do I feel transformative about this indulgence? But, you feel transformative, evolved, ascended on every triviality after being highly revived. Do you ever have any ordinary observation about yourself?

But this is charming, charmed than the last charm.

You happened, you made me happen, you made everything between us happen.

Mira winces at her own ignorance a year before, a decade before, a birth before, too, of a life unspent with him. But what if I didn't turn and missed you, Karthik?

Then I would have turned.

Would you have turned a year ago? Sure.

Would you have turned a decade ago? Sure.

Would you have turned a birth ago? Sure.

Would you ...would you also have turned and not missed me when the whole cosmos before the inflation and big bang was a singularity or black hole or something?

I would turn, but in the darkness of the black hole how would you notice me?

Imagine us meeting on the prior side of the bang, the preceding universe, even before the moment of the known creation. A light ray would have lingered.

What life forms are we exactly in that distant past?

I am a proton and you are an electron in that lost universe?

In that case, with different laws of physics in the inestimable past, I might be able to violate the quantum barrier and hang out closer to you, my irresistible and sexy proton, and fall into you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Karthik and Mira's everyday banter is predictive modelling of their own lives. The hurricanes they might have to weather given the contentious atmosphere.

So, Karthik's turn, imagine ...kids. How would that be?

Devastating! I will teach them all the bhalle bhalle, silly-minded, clappy, hoppy dinosaur names. And you would insist to teach them the unlisted, obscure yet transitional dinosaurs from the lost world. War of the dinosaurs! With that, all dino books thrown out for peace. Imagine ..our child growing up not knowing a feather about dinosaur. It is one thing to grow up without a religion or bloodline, but ...without a dinosaur? Misery.

He pretends to contemplate seriously.

Tere ko pehle hi sochna tha..having chosen such a mediocre girl.

You know that I am bonkers about you in your bhalle bhalle, clappy and what was that other, some hobbit?!

But you also know of my knowing that in accent, language, mannerism, argument, smarts and every damn thing, you surpass me, which endears me, yet rattles me. That makes me bonkery than you.

Do we have to put a dinosaur through our irreconcilable talks? Poor creature, might go toothless in your presence.

She sighs. I feel so mediocre against you, pooh pooh.

Why does it have to be against me, just be across me.

There, there! You did it again. You do this with dinosaurs, words and ...and ...

And just with you. Only you. Because it's you.

10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

In any togetherness, one person should be steady and capable even if the other is recurringly whimsical. When that capable person emerges, their insights and mannerism endear us. Our understanding about togetherness is reworked. It could be a Karthik somewhere in college, at work, at a gathering, or even fleetingly in a train. But when that Karthik becomes a fixture in her life, she tends to imagine him as the finest Karthik of this type. He is the best of the Karthiks she has known. He could anticipate her. He could withstand her. And spin her whim to his desire. Things he observes in her, tantrums he is wary in her. She wonders, about his problem-solving intelligence to deflect conflicts between them. The verbal might with which he communicates ...the way he discovers fixes, the way he mends fallouts, and the way he wits into her absurd inquiries. O Karthik ..you are a game changer, she recalls to have refined her understanding of togetherness.

Laks09 and Mistt like this.