Jobs During Covid19

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sociallifein30s, Jun 28, 2020.

1. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

One of my acquaintances lost her job during covid. She was working as a teacher. Understandably she is struggling to make ends meet. Giving money as charity is one, but I dont think it is sustainable.
    What are the jobs available for her for WFH now? I googled and some are just data entry jobs which for me suspicious. I dont think any of the IT companies are recruiting now.
    She worked as a chef, but someone turned positive in that place, so had to leave. So preferably remote jobs which can give her some steady income.

2. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

If you mention where she lives in and her qualification, ILites could provide more inputs.

3. sociallifein30s

She lives in Hyderabad, but I dont think she would be ok to post more details about herself on a public forum.
    But maybe open to some voice support, call center kind where wfh is a possibility.

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

She is a teacher, she can give online tuitions...theses days since schools are closed, students are struggling with studies..she can give coaching for regular curriculum, or competitive exams, arts crafts etc...lot of teachers also prepare worksheets and study one and sell them online..when can post about her availability on online platforms and whatsapp and Facebook groups etc , people will surely reach out to her...
    Especially we see kids struggling with science and math and learning multiple languages..sometimes tutors are needed and working parents won’t have time to teach kids. If she has teaching experience it’s an advantage as parents will prefer her over people without teaching exp.Can she explore the option so she can work from home, and earn some money too even I feel it’s not much..

sociallifein30s likes this.
  5. sociallifein30s

Thank you @Needtobestrong
    yes that seems a feasible option. I suggested urbanpro where there were ads for "Teacher required". I also got to knoq amazon is hiring temp staff Voice customer support. So will suggest them. Please let me know if there are more such platforms.

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Would recommend your friend to be active on social and professional networking platforms like FB, instagram ,LinkedIn etc..
    There are many Facebook’s groups for schools, teachers in particular city..groups for teaching jobs..u get the idea..she can post her requirement there and network with similar qualified people ..likewise, she can connect with prospective employers and parents of school going kids looking for tutors..word of mouth also works, i.e whatsapp groups of her apartment complex or neighbourhood area or locality etc..someone will be interested or will refer to someone know now to them..she can connect with her ex colleagues and ask them to refer her if any work in online teaching is available...have also seen smaller pre schools coming up with home schooling programs for parents too scared of sending kids to school or taking admission in this scenario..this would involve online class and worksheet and study materials preparation..
    How about doing work for apps like BYJUs etc which provide online resources for school and competitive exam prep..
    The possibilities are endless, your friend has to be little tech savvy and need to try in different avenues.

sociallifein30s likes this.
  7. sociallifein30s

so, she hasnt got anything so far but have sent her the amazon jobs link which amazon just announced creating 20000 customer service temp jobs.
    So, hopefully shel get into it