1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Not Losing Weight In Intermittent Fasting

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by deepthivinayak1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

That is some determination!
    even 20-50g carb is near impossible for me. I love hummus ( i make at home) but even that has high quite a bit of carb.

One question - sauerkraut - details please
    also why - is it for the probiotics?

I must increase my vegetable intake and cut down on sugars including fruits ( once the mango season is over , haha ) I do take plenty of paneer and avocado. Actually increasing fat has given satiety, even when my plate seems small. And since I love the flavour of ghee, it really helps. I also use cold pressed olive oil, sesame oil . Some days I do take some quinoa stir fried with plenty of vegetables and nuts.

I have taken eggs before , now I feel I am taking 2-3 eggs 6 days a week - boiled, omelette or scrambled eggs with lots of vegetables and greens ( in one of the meals).Is that too much eggs? Paneer, tofu, lentil/beans, yoghurt - Any other suggestions please?

It's been raining since early morning, and now all I can think of is samosa and hot chai - 2 hours to go before I can break my fast :-( how am I even going to reduce carbs ?

Thanks @blindpup10
    Also thanks @deepthivinayak1 , hope my queries are not taking away from the intentions of the thread.

2. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

One thing I have realised in the weight loss journey is to follow a lifestyle/diet which is sustainable in the long run.
    If you are constantly feeling hungry it’s not going to help you as this will lead to anger issues etc.
    Having such a big gap between your dinner and breakfast I feel is not ideal and definitely not something that you can sustain or maintain in the long run.
    I just started a healthier lifestyle from the past one month and have lost 7 pounds already.I am not skipping any meal..just portion control and a 50 minute brisk walk everyday.

Maybe you have reached a plateau and your body needs to try something different to lose weight further.

3. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

I agree with @magicwand007. If possible plz watch Rujuta Diwekars YouTube video on Indian food wisdom or read her books. Check this one too https://www.rujutadiwekar.com/c/content/The-fitness-project-2018.pdf

Plz go through @anika987’s posts - Power of fitness part 1 and 2. I have noticed great results and feel energetic than ever.

I feel satiated and not deprived of anything. I am losing fat as I am able to fit in some clothes and my scale is moving too.

4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Yes sauerkraut for probiotics, as my husband is lactose intolerant that leaves him limited food choice.

I hear you. My husband has an autoimmune condition for him, he has to be super careful with what he eats. For my husband, his only option is to be on keto. I love cold-pressed olive oil for salads. I use sesame oil for cooking also, try avocado oil as well.
    My kid and I indulge in eating olive oil with cucumber and tomatoes with just a bit of mozzarella or cottage cheese sometimes for breakfast.

You are doing everything I suppose.
    Eggs is new rice if you are on keto. Try poached eggs, sunny side up, half-boiled, egg bites https://www.flavcity.com/keto-breakfast-egg-bit
    Try whey protein shakes.
    Also, diet is just apart of it. Hope you are exercising as well.
    It will take around 8- 9 months to actually see the change. At least for my husband it took him around that time.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    SunPa likes this.
  5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Thanks thanks @blindpup10

Not on keto- 5% carb is not possible for me , haha. Just trying lower carb/sugar and once that becomes a life style, let me see.
    Interesting egg bites recipe , will try that out. Might be useful to pack to office when I have to start going to work. I must try whey protein, dont know why I never thought of that, since my son does take it and I have a big dabba at home.
    And sauerkraut , I must get some .
    You post has made me read up more about keto , and it is interesting

Yes, I am exercising- mostly cycling for 45-60 mins/ walking 10 K, and 20 min stretches/yoga/ ab exercises few times a week . I have to start strength training - searching for some resistance band work outs on you tube, I have some dumb bells , but I use them once in blue moon. Not able to them consistently , sigh!

blindpup10 likes this.
  6. ushee

ushee New IL'ite

I am 56 years old. vegetarian. I eat eggs sometimes. I want to lose weight on my belly. I cant do hard exercises due to my spine surgery. I am a south indian eating rice. Please suggest me some food chart or diet to lose weight around my belly. I weigh 145lb. Thank you in advance.

7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don’t know much about IF but are you tracking using some calorie tracking app? Try tracking everything for two weeks and see if you are exceeding your daily calorie requirement. A caloric deficit is probably needed even for IF. I have heard that a very low calorie intake can also backfire. I suggest you start tracking and check your calories.